User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AC fan set to auto

I have a 2022 Transcend explore 231RK. I had the issue like many others where the temp sensor was in the grill. I contacted Grand design and they sent me a new control unit and thermostat with temp sensor in the thermostat. So, I recently replaced my control unit and thermostat for my Furrion AC, with parts directly from Grand Design. I took pictures of the previous unit and thermostat and hooked everything back up as it was before. My problem now is when my thermostat is set to Auto, the temperature will get to the setting I choose and the unit shuts off like it should, but will not turn back on as the temperature rises inside my unit. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have contacted Grand Design, but didn’t get any positive response from them.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasondfree View Post
    I have a 2022 Transcend explore 231RK. I had the issue like many others where the temp sensor was in the grill. I contacted Grand design and they sent me a new control unit and thermostat with temp sensor in the thermostat. So, I recently replaced my control unit and thermostat for my Furrion AC, with parts directly from Grand Design. I took pictures of the previous unit and thermostat and hooked everything back up as it was before. My problem now is when my thermostat is set to Auto, the temperature will get to the setting I choose and the unit shuts off like it should, but will not turn back on as the temperature rises inside my unit. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have contacted Grand Design, but didn’t get any positive response from them.
    That does sound frustrating. Could you post your pictures? Could it be that the wiring is a bit off?
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for your reply. I’m not sure how to post pictures, but thank you for making me realize the wiring may be off a bit. It makes sense. I wired the new thermostat just like the original one, the wiring may be slightly different. As soon as I get a chance I will check this out. Thank you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After I did some investigating, I found the new control unit has a temp sensor on it also. That means I have a temp sensor in the return air area, like the original one, and a temp sensor on the new thermostat. I put my fingers on each one at different times. The one in the return air temp climbs faster than the one on the thermostat. Can I cut the one off in the return air area and dead end the wires?