User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Blocks for RV

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We also have the Beech Lane levellers and the LevelMate Pro. We just finished our first trip with both of them so now we can leave our level at home next trip.

We have a couple of bags of the interlocking levelling blocks. I think they're the Lynx brand. I like being able to stack them up a little when a corner of the trailer is high so I don't have to extend the stabilizer so much.
    2023 Grand Design Imagine 2970RL
    2023 F-350 7.3 XLT Crew Cab

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Started with wood, mostly stuff from my garage. We also have the beech lanes, a couple of stacks of Camco blocks. Over the last couple of years the wood all split and I was tired of it anyway. We ended up buying a big horse stall mat at tractor supply and cut it up, some in strips and some into 12" squares. It will last forever and even though it will sink into the ground if it is really soft I will just pull forward again and add another layer, I have had wood do that too. Unlike wood this lasts forever but it is still heavy but it's easier to store in the truck

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pappcam View Post
    We also have the Beech Lane levellers and the LevelMate Pro. We just finished our first trip with both of them so now we can leave our level at home next trip.

We have a couple of bags of the interlocking levelling blocks. I think they're the Lynx brand. I like being able to stack them up a little when a corner of the trailer is high so I don't have to extend the stabilizer so much.
    We love the Beech Lane curved levelers! Allows infinite height adjustment up to 4". Have the yellow legos under the stabilizers and 2x6 wood blocks under the tongue jack.

We also have the LevelMate Pro but find it's not consistent so always double check with a bubble level. We also find that it doesn't have good reception in the truck.
    Bob and Joanne
    2021 Reflection 315RLTS
    2020 F-250, Crew Cab, Short Bed, 7.3 Gas, 4x4
    20K Weigh-Safe hitch

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everyone has their own thing that works. Here is mine:

Before I had hydraulic leveling jacks, I used 2x8's (good for the width of the tires) just long enough to fit between the tires. (One side is all you need). I screwed half inch plywood on both sides to help keep them from splitting. I cut a 45 on one pair so it was easier to drive up onto. Two sets of that is 5 inches... no problem pushing the trailer up on them. That was a 15k pound 5th wheel.

Now, 5 years later, those blocks are still kicking and I use them to shorten the extension on the hydraulic jacks or various things.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by docque View Post
    I have been taking wood blocks along on our trips. They tend to be very heavy. What is everyone using? Right now I drag 4 2x10s and 4 6x6. We have been to places where a 6x6 almost was not tall enough. I can't imagine stacking 10 of those plastic blocks.
    We tried the plastic blocks, most cracked within a year or two, so went back to wooden blocks! Also, the plastic blocks were never as stable, I could always see them flex when the trailer moved! No flexing with wooden blocks!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the electric autolevel system. We’ve found that, if the side to side ground level is way off (more than about 6”), the autolevel will not work - it seems to have limitations on how much variation it can accommodate. We’ve used the orange plastic levelers for 5+ years successfully. That said, on gravel and soft sand, the plastic levelers are subject to cracking and breaking. Therefore, we also carry several sections of 2x10 to go under the wheels that need to be raised on gravel and sand. Also, we have 2 2x10x10 blocks screwed together to form 3x10x10 blocks to go under each landing leg/stabilizer leg; these reduce the length of extension, helping with movement stabilization.
    Works for us…

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Easy to build and use supports for stabilizing jacks

Quote Originally Posted by docque View Post
    I have been taking wood blocks along on our trips. They tend to be very heavy. What is everyone using? Right now I drag 4 2x10s and 4 6x6. We have been to places where a 6x6 almost was not tall enough. I can't imagine stacking 10 of those plastic blocks.
    After a few years stacking orange blocks that seemed too small for the leveling jack, I built these when I installed the Steady Fast system with the bigger jack plates. Best thing ever. Just grab one for each corner and throw it down. Not too heavy and built-in handles. always seems to be the right height and really adds stability by distributing the weight over a larger area.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D7996ED7-AB3C-4631-8A5C-C2192B7A327C.jpeg 
Views:	5 
Size:	148.0 KB 
ID:	46701

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not too heavy?! No thanks, I'll stick with the lightweight plastic lego's.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Camco lego blocks for us
    Mark & Lyne
    2019 Imagine 2250RK
    2017 Audi Q7 Premium Plus with factory tow package - 2 sway controllers
    TT Ready for boondocking with solar installed on roof

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2021 303RLS and a 2023 Chevy 3500 D-Max. I’m curious about using 4 stacks of blocks. Are you also using them for your jacks ? This is my first diesel so I’m learning how much DEF is used while pulling the trailer. Do you pump DEF from truck stops while traveling or purchase containers? I appreciate any tips.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast