User Tag List

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nautilus Shower Door

I may have accidently found a fix for a very common problem on the Nautilus Shower Door that many companies are now using. I have an Imagine corner shower, so it was not for me, but I now sell Grand Designs and I just sold one to my own daughter. She purchased a 2022 Transcend 251BH, great floor plan, especially the rear bedroom bed slide! I was nervous that everything would not be just right, so I spent a lot of time going over this unit. It is very typical for the shower door not to latch, and hers was no exception. I came to the owners forum to see what other customers were doing and I was not happy to add a latch or modify it. I looked it over closely and noticed the spring tension was so much that it cocked the door latch so much that it would not hold. I noticed a little play between the door and a small roller on the top and bottom. I added a small washer between the roller and door to take out some of the play, now when you close the door it does not cock to the side and stays latched. Hope this will help others experiencing the same issue with this door.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shower2.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	40.4 KB 
ID:	46605Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shower1.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	37.0 KB 
ID:	46606

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for posting this fix @New Tamper, there may be others with the same issue.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately for us, we had no option but to install a latch. The way the door is designed, it only has like 1/16" or 2/16" of bite. It just wouldn't hold when moving around in the shower and not even touching the door. It is a bad design. Not sure what the engineers were thinking.

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...l=1#post423603
    2021 Imagine 2250rk
    2021 F150 Powerboost