Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FW tank support question.

Fresh water tank support question.
    I travel with a full tank all the time because I do a lot of dry camping. About 18k miles with a full FW tank without issues. Anyway...after reading stories of FW tanks falling, I decided to look how mine is braced.
    I have a 2019 model and it appears that this tank has a flange that rests on top of crossbeams. It also has some additional metal straps held in with sheet metal screws, I assume to prevent shifting around and doesn't actually support the weight.
    I can't see how this tank can fall unless the tank flanges actually break off? I don't mind adding some additional supports under the tank but my concern is that they may rub the bottom of tank (expansion) and cause more damage than doing good?
    Anyway...please look at the pic and tell me what you guys think?
    ThanksClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20230603_101017.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	88.5 KB 
ID:	46631

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Take a look at how the crossbeams are attached to frame. One of mine is on an angle. I am always thinking about the integrity of that setup. To that end, we never travel with more than a few gallons, if any, just enough to cover the toilet flush. At the campground, after we fill FW, I drive very slow and maintain hope ! Also, I got THIS to resupply water to my trailer and I got a spare/backup water pump to get it into the white tank.
    2024 Brinkley z2900
    2019 F350 Platinum, Shorter bed, Diesel, SRW, 3.55 rear, 55gal tank!
    2016 F150 Platinum (traded in for F350 fall 2019)
    2022 GD 2970RL (Sold, 2023-Oct)
    2016 GD 2600rb (Sold. 2022-May)