User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Newbie to the RV World. Looking for a New place to move to.

Hi All,
    After 7 years of retirement, we have decided to leave Wilmington NC and move somewhere between Raleigh NC and Cincinnati OH. We figured we would get an RV, Reflection 320MKS, which we pickup June 8th, and use that to check out possible locations.
    We figure it would be much better to pick a town, stay there a couple three weeks and see if that area appeals to us.
    Not going any farther South than what Wilmington is and must be near water, as I fish for my hobby.
    Being a Newbie, I'll be looking for tips and advice.
    Bob

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome. We might be moving to Currie, NC next year. Plans are very fluid now. Eldest Son has an option on 56 acres with a huge lake and we would like to take our 5er there for 2/3 months. I will be watching this to see if anyone chimes in with suggestions.
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechanic Bob View Post
    Hi All,
    After 7 years of retirement, we have decided to leave Wilmington NC and move somewhere between Raleigh NC and Cincinnati OH. We figured we would get an RV, Reflection 320MKS, which we pickup June 8th, and use that to check out possible locations.
    We figure it would be much better to pick a town, stay there a couple three weeks and see if that area appeals to us.
    Not going any farther South than what Wilmington is and must be near water, as I fish for my hobby.
    Being a Newbie, I'll be looking for tips and advice.
    Bob
    First off, welcome to the forum, glad to have you with us. The 320MKS is a great floor plan, staying somewhere for a while should be fine in that coach. I don't know much about that part of the country, so I don't have any suggestions for where to go. But I do know that there are many fine folks on this forum that are willing to help out if any issues come up.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the group, Bob. Unless you are in a hurry to buy some land, why not take your time. Spending a couple of weeks in a place is a start. I'd suggest you go from your starting point to you ending point and choose several places that seem interesting. Then spend the next year visiting each one for a week or two. The idea is to visit each one at least twice in each season. Talk to people who either live there or visit frequently and find out what is good and what is not so good about the area. Locals may well be able to point you to a hidden gem.
    David Lininger, kb0zke
    Rev. 2:10c
    2022 Reflection 315RLTS, 2016 F350 CC SRW King Ranch
    https://www.smugmug.com/app/organize/2022-315RLTS-Solar