User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with the DWD My 351ms is 39'11" with the SXS in and off to dry camp 150gal watter 45gal fuel in the auxeraly tank I am pushing the max .Would not be with out a DWD.
    Ken

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    I'm in the dual rear wheel camp for that trailer. Better stability and a safety margin in case of tire troubles, etc.

Rob
    Ditto. Personally I feel that trailers approaching 20,000 lbs. should be towed with a DRW.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    I'm in the dual rear wheel camp for that trailer. Better stability and a safety margin in case of tire troubles, etc.

Rob
    Same here.
    2022 Momentum 351M-R
    2019 Ford F450 Platinum CC 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; Truck Covers USA American Work Tonneau; B&W 25K hitch; Airlift 5000 Ultimate+ w/WirelessAir; ZRoadZ back-up lamps
    Gone: 2018 Reflection 28BH; 2017 Ford F350 Platinum CCSB 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; 2015 GMC Denali 2500HD CCSB Dmax
    Gone but still in the family: 2004.5 Chev 2500HD CCSB LTZ Dmax

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tow a Grand Design Solitude with a rough tung weight of approximately 3,100 lbs. I own a 2017 F-250, 6.7 L diesel short bed; and was worried about towing it with my truck. After lots of investigation, I decided to change out the hitch to a Gen-Y goose neck to increase my stability. I also have a tool box in the back of my pick-up, and was worried about loosing my turning radius, so I purchased a new B&W pin ball with a 4" offset for $200.00. I also installed a "Super springs, and Tembrins", and I had amazing results! I am able to pull the GD Solitude 380FL without any problems what so ever! I am so impressed with the new technology of the newer Ford Pick-up's; I know that is the reason I am able to pull my 5th wheel with no problems. I use my Pick-up as a run around rig, and that is why I wanted to try and keep my tow rig SWR. Adding the GEN-Y increased my hitch weight to roughly 3,300 lbs, but I have absolutely no problems pulling the RV with my F-250. I heard that the fear is (stopping), which could result in the Trailer pushing my rig around. However, I have had no problems stopping. And the new engine brake system works wonderfully. I know there is a lot of speculation against towing a big rig with the Single Rear Wheel pick-up's, but I am very happy with my results. I would not hesitate to buy a SWR 350 pick-up, and after beefing the suspension up a bit, use it to pull a Grand Design Momentum 395MS. However, I would invest in a Gen-Y hitch for a few thousand dollars, before doing so.
    Last edited by APetersen898; 09-09-2023 at 02:04 PM. Reason: Add important information

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12