User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bed Storage Lift Issue

Pulled our GD 337RDS down the road a few miles (Normal highway) and found the lifts that hold up the plywood board under the bed no longer stay down. They keep forcing the plywood up making the bed bend. Is there an adjustment on this lift struts? They seem to be way too strong for this tiny piece of plywood. Thanks for the help! Steve

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stevwood View Post
    Pulled our GD 337RDS down the road a few miles (Normal highway) and found the lifts that hold up the plywood board under the bed no longer stay down. They keep forcing the plywood up making the bed bend. Is there an adjustment on this lift struts? They seem to be way too strong for this tiny piece of plywood. Thanks for the help! Steve
    First off, it looks like you're new here, welcome to the forum. So this is the first time I've heard of the struts being too strong, usually, folks are replacing them because they're not strong enough.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As @Soundsailor said, you have the opposite problem of what others have had. To fix the not strong enough issue most either relocate one of the strut ends so they have less leverage or replace them with stronger struts. Maybe someone who has replaced their struts with stronger ones will have the older/weaker struts they could send to you.
    Welcome and good luck.
    2021 Imagine XLS 22RBE
    2021 Ram 2500 Hemi, Crew Cab Short Bed
    2-206 AH SOK Batteries, Victron MultiPlus 3000VA Inverter, 800 watts solar

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree, its an odd problem. Is this a new trailer for you? If so, the privious owner my have had a heavier mattress. You could try replacing the mattress with something heavier or you can try moving the attach points of the stuts ends so they are further apart. Meaning that they may be over compressed when the bed is closed. I hope this helps.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Steve. This is only my 2nd response on this forum so take it for what its worth. I have / had a similar problem with my 5er, model 280 RS. My bed stripped the left side anchor screws , on the hinge, out from the plywood base, because of overly strong support/lift struts. So, I took the whole plywood surface off and reinforced the 2x2 bed framing underneath. I wondered about adjusting the struts also. Couldn't find anything about that with my search on youtube and such.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Possibly looking to either add some framing to underside of bed or just putting in a latch. Its just odd how this this happened since it work perfectly before we left. Something has changed! Enjoying being a part of the forum!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you are correct. the bed platform stands much taller than I remembered it should. Probably the length set between the upper and lower attach points. I am going to move the length and or height of the attach points to see if that improves the issue. It could also be the dog bed foam mattress we got with the trailer. Thanks!