User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No clearance lights 2022 GD transcend

Hi,
    Just bought a 2022 transcend went on our first trip and we have no clearance lights on the trailer. I have power to the junction box of the trailer. Is there a fuse for the clearance lights? I looked in the manual and it says to check fuse, but I have not located where it is? Any suggestions?
    Thanks
    Tom

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum!

I'm not sure clearance lights are fused (they're on a fused circuit from the tow vehicle). There is usually a junction box in the front near/under the tongue or somewhere that contains the incoming wires from the tow vehicle and has multiple splices to various parts of the trailer wiring. When folks look inside this box, they often find a rats nest of wire nuts, electrical tape and who knows what else. I would start by checking there and make sure all those connections are tight and there are no "orphaned" wires hanging about. A multimeter is handy for checking incoming voltages, too.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Rob
    I have checked the junction box and there is power in and power out all the ground wires seem tight? From that box the wire heads up into the covered under carriage. Thank you again.

Tom

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So like what Rob said your clearance lights are powered by your truck and the fuse is in the truck. Check for fuses in your truck for the trailer clearance lights. I don't think the 12V powering the clearance lights will show up in the junction box on the trailer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks your correct the power comes from the tow vehicle I would assume there would also be a fuse or breaker on the trailer. Every horse trailer and travel trailer we have owned before had a fuse on the clearance lights and turn signal. I have a appointment to take it to the dealer in a week, I was just hoping it was a fuse and I could save myself some time.
    Thanks again!

Tom

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomandPam View Post
    Thanks your correct the power comes from the tow vehicle I would assume there would also be a fuse or breaker on the trailer. Every horse trailer and travel trailer we have owned before had a fuse on the clearance lights and turn signal. I have a appointment to take it to the dealer in a week, I was just hoping it was a fuse and I could save myself some time.
    Thanks again!

Tom
    I'm not sure if the clearance lights are powered from the tail lights, but I would pull them and look for a loose connection.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a late reply to this thread so please forgive me but it may help others. In June we had our 2022 22RBE delivered to our home after the signoff at the dealer. IR was not connected to a tow vehicle during the walkthrough. (my hitch was late getting delivered). Upon connecting my truck and doing a light check I found I had no clearance lights on the top front of the RBE. Strangely, all other clearance lights were working - the back and sides were fine. I towed it back to the dealer who found a mounting screw for one of the 2 front clearance lights had severed the power wire . They spliced in a new wire and all was well. It probably came from the factory that way.
    Mark L. Lee
    2022 Imagine XLS 22RBE, Standard Solar Package
    2022 F150 XLT 3.5 EB, Tow Package, 3.55 RE, Factory Tow Mirrors, 36 Ga. Tank