User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I may have found it. I popped the top of it and it is red glowing lite. Is that it? If the light is glowing does that mean it is bad (red) Or does it mean it has power to it?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpjack View Post
    I may have found it. I popped the top of it and it is red glowing lite. Is that it? If the light is glowing does that mean it is bad (red) Or does it mean it has power to it?
    https://www.amazon.com/Recoil-FHL12-...zcF9hdGY&psc=1

If its an inline fuse as others have commented on it should look similar to this attached link. I don't have exact system you do so I am not sure what you removed to see a red light? Regardless if what you took apart does belong to the leveling system the red light should indicate power to the controller. When we push the up and down buttons we see a green light. Pictures would help us help you.

Dutchman2
    Jim & Patricia
    2021 Reflection 337RLS
    2024 GMC 3500HD CC-SRW-SB Duramax

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trailrydr View Post
    Our lippert ground control 4 point leveling system required a 50amp breaker hookup to the battery. If this breaker is not set on, no power will be supplied to the system. If you have this leveling system you might want to check if the breaker is on.

We installed ours and placed the breaker above the battery. OEM installs probably have a breaker in the main fuse box in the living areas. Would check there for the fuse.

BTW, GD did a good job of labeling each fuse in our box. Hopefully yours is too.
    The Solitudes do not have the same leveling system - it is a multi-ram (six point in this case) hydraulic system.

Thread moved to Leveling Systems.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you looked for the manual in the information pouch that came with your RV? If you can't find it, the manual for your system can be downloaded from the LCI (Lippert) web site.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you checked the battery disconnect switch? Sometimes these get hit and are not "on" even though they appear to be. Switch back "off" and then to "on". Mine is on the wall in the front basement and easily can get hit with chairs, etc by accident.
    New: 2021 Solitude 380FL
    Prior: 2016 Alpine 3600RS
    Tow: 2017 F350 Diesel Dually

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not sure if these are relevant but things I would look at:
    - what I call the mystery fuse in the black plastic box around the batteries - sounds like you found it but I would replace it. I keep a spare taped to the trailer wall.
    - Your hydraulic resettable circuit breaker might be broken - this is behind another mystery black plastic cover screwed to the wall behind the battery bank. Ask GD to replace if you have a 50A on. You need 80A, otherwise the hydraulics will fail in cold weather.
    - As others have said make sure your battery switch is on and try disconnecting from shore power.
    2018 Ram 3500 with AS69RC Aisin transmission and Companion RVK3670 sliding hitch
    2018 Grand Design Solitude 310GK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuse is in the left rear (facing front storage compartment) above the batteries on my 310. There is a 50 AMP fuse.in a plastic holder.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for info!! I called Lippert and they walked me thru the whole process!! It was indeed the fuse, changed and we were good to go!!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captcolour View Post
    Have you checked the battery disconnect switch? Sometimes these get hit and are not "on" even though they appear to be. Switch back "off" and then to "on". Mine is on the wall in the front basement and easily can get hit with chairs, etc by accident.
    On our Solitude, the battery disconnect switch does not affect the leveling system. It is connected to battery power on the battery side of the switch - always active.
    2021 Solitude 380FL-R
    Ram 3500 MegaCab SB DRW

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12