User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    scott42blue

Has Anyone been to Ashland ATV resort in Northfork WV. Looking to ride Hatfield & McC

Any input on Hatfield & McCoy trails in WV. looking at Ashland seems to be ex KOA campground. Anyone pulled 40 foot 5th wheel trailer there ?
    Scott

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We was there in 2010 was pulling a 30 ft. bumper pull an never had any trouble, I wouldn't be afraid to pull the 355 their. The road in is black top an curvy just take your time. As for the Ashland (atvresort.com) campground its nice had level parking an some pull through sites, they have a great web page with a live camera so you can see the campground. www.wvsxsriders.com is a great site to go an ask questions they ride there a lot we went to one of their group rides great bunch of guys. There used to be a lot of outlaw trails you could ride without Hatfield & McCoy permits, if you could hookup with one of there rides they will show you a good time. Would love to go again sometime we rode a ranger 800 then like to try our 1000 xp now
    2014 355th Momentum 2015 GMC Denali Duramax DRW

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In June, we stayed at Little Coal River RV Campground outside Charleston, WV. It's right off of 119 so there is quite a bit of road noise, but you can go under the four lane to get to the Little Coal River trail and we could also get to the new Ivy Branch Trail from this park. The river runs right behind the park....a nice place to cool off.

Pam (El Rojo's DW)
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

scott42blue
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick 641 View Post
    We was there in 2010 was pulling a 30 ft. bumper pull an never had any trouble, I wouldn't be afraid to pull the 355 their. The road in is black top an curvy just take your time. As for the Ashland (atvresort.com) campground its nice had level parking an some pull through sites, they have a great web page with a live camera so you can see the campground. www.wvsxsriders.com is a great site to go an ask questions they ride there a lot we went to one of their group rides great bunch of guys. There used to be a lot of outlaw trails you could ride without Hatfield & McCoy permits, if you could hookup with one of there rides they will show you a good time. Would love to go again sometime we rode a ranger 800 then like to try our 1000 xp now
    Dick 641
    Same RV and almost matching truck. Great input from both of you. I really appreciate input from 2 guys who have been there. The Side by Side thing is new to me. I did ride dirt bikes for many years and still have 2 of them. Do either of you have thoughts on best time of year to go we were thinking late September ? Also it seems like many of these small towns allow ATVs to be driven on the road to trail head ? I have a stock Honda Pioneer (4) if I stay on easy ( green ) trails is it up to the challenge. I did add a winch that can be moved to front or rear.
    Again Thank You for input
    Scott

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scott We were their Oct. 7 thru 10th. of 2010 an rode with the group ride leaves were just starting to turn wife would of liked to of been there a week later just because of the colors. We had a Ranger 800 then an went everywhere everybody else went with no problems so you should not have any worries. We rode right out of campgrounds everyday, probably 30 machines each day was awesome to ride with people from around there that knew the trails. We never rode any marked trails just outlaw trails.
    2014 355th Momentum 2015 GMC Denali Duramax DRW