User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    jessg91387

Angry Couch bed is uneven

I recently purchased a 2015 29RS 5th wheel and when converting the couch into a bed, the head of the bed is about 6 inches lower than the foot of the bed. This makes sleep on it uncomfortable and does not make for a restful night of sleep. I contacted Grand Design who then contacted the manufacturer of the couch.

The manufacturer responded that this is the way it was designed, it is more for comfort as a couch than a bed. There is no way to adjust it to make it more level.

Obviously I'm not happy with this response and will let Grand Design know this but is anyone else experiencing this or figured out a way to fix the sloping bed?

james quinn
    Quote Originally Posted by jessg91387 View Post
    I recently purchased a 2015 29RS 5th wheel and when converting the couch into a bed, the head of the bed is about 6 inches lower than the foot of the bed. This makes sleep on it uncomfortable and does not make for a restful night of sleep. I contacted Grand Design who then contacted the manufacturer of the couch.

The manufacturer responded that this is the way it was designed, it is more for comfort as a couch than a bed. There is no way to adjust it to make it more level.

Obviously I'm not happy with this response and will let Grand Design know this but is anyone else experiencing this or figured out a way to fix the sloping bed?
    some of us have cut the legs on the pullout section down about 1 3/4 inches. Head is still a bit lower but a couple extra pillows or a heavy night of drinking fixes that

jessg91387
    Thanks, I'll try cutting the legs. The heavy drinking helped but maybe a combination of the two will do the trick.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi jessg91387,

You got a BS answer from Grand Design. (which is more than a little disappointing).
    The bed can be made level with little or no affect on the couch configuration.
    Have a read through this thread . . . particularly post #8.
    http://www.mygrandrv.com/for...-bed-in-337rls

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

jessg91387
    Cate at Rob,

Thanks, this helps a lot. I know what I'm doing on Labor Day weekend.

Thanks again,

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jessg--any questions just let me know - everyone who has slept on ours since correcting the lippert design error is lovin our totally level rear bed ! Rob-- as always, thanks for being one of the very best along with Tucson Jim and others in providing help to all of us to improve our rving experience.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This topic needs to be a sticky for all of those that follow or GD could resolve.

Take the bolts out and slide legs up further until the bottom up. They can be a little tight which is solved by sitting on the couch when fully extended

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The mountains are calling and I must go" John Muir

Chuck
    2015 Reflection 303 RLS
    2005 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    Elk Grove, Ca

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...psotab2qdx.jpg

jessg91387
    Thanks for the suggestion. This forum has been the next best thing to buy a Grand Design

mandolin57
    yep......you CAN adjust them. we had to do same on ours and it's fine now.