User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Safarinate

looking for owners feedback please

Hello im looking for any owners of a Solitude line some feedback on how you like your trailer?? what could be better what things should i consider> I'm looking at a 2015 368RD i love the layout to one of the best to fit our needs. but i would like to hear what others say about the quality/ options / etc. anything would would be wonderful. Nate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've had our 379 since last November. Love it, fewer problems than 6 previous RVs I've owned. Good fit and finish,,easy to heat or cool
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum Nate! We have owned our Solitude 369RL for 2 1/2 years and would not trade it for any other model or brand. We full time in our 369 and it suits our lifestyle perfectly. The only problems we have had are the stereo unit would not play a DVD in the living room (replaced under warranty), refrigerator door hinge broke (replaced under warranty), and the circuit breaker for the large slides became weak (replaced at last years owner's rally). We have had no quality issues with the fit and finish of our unit other than the ottoman/drawer at the foot of our bed, it wasn't installed correctly, hopefully it will be taken care of at this year's rally.

We love our Solitude and plan on this coach lasting us for many years.

Steve

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is our first year with our Solitude 369RL. During the walkthrough we found 3 items (baggage door that was warped, loose trim in the bedroom slide and a kitchen cabinet that didn't close properly. The trim and cabinet were fixed before leaving the dealer. The baggage door was replaced under warranty a few weeks later.

We have been out every weekend since May 1st and only found 3 other small items that can wait until we store it for the winter or maybe fixed at the Rally next week. We are extremely pleased with the craftsmanship and build quality of our rig.

If you are looking through the forum, take note how responsive Grand Design has been with owners. When something goes wrong, either the coach or a dealer, Grand Design steps up and gets involved.

Good luck with your decision.

Camp on!!
    Barb, Lyle and the 3 four-legged kids
    2015 Solitude 369RL #3521
    2018 Ford F350 DRW

“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is our 3rd season with ours, including extended stays in FL over the winter. No problems ever with the major components, ie; slides, axles, roof, awning, appliances, plumbing, construction, windows, etc, etc, etc. There have been posts in the forum of some lemons coming off the line and Grand Design made them right. I don't believe any of those, and there have only been 1 or 2, turned them in and walked away dissatisfied.
    Tom & Nancy
    Newport, MI
    369RL, #302

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Official home, NW Missouri. In Solitude mostly now
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very happy with our Solitude 365DEN. Only had 1 issue, the bedroom AC needed to be replaced, it was done on time and very easy.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Deenie and I have a 2014 Solitude 368RD. We have over a dozen outings under our belts. We have yet to have any notable issues. The floor plan is perfect for us. There is plenty of room to entertain a good number of friends and family. Storage is terrific, we are very pleased with how well made and constructed the coach is. Last weekend for the heck of it we spent a few hours at Lazydays in Tampa looking at 5th wheels. The dealership is massive!! The best time to look is when you are happy with what you have. We saw RV's that had one or two things here and there that we liked better but we did not see one RV where the whole package was more desirable than what we have. We are very pleased the Solitude.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20150410_121748.jpg   Solitude.jpg   Sam in RV.jpg  

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Add me to the happy owners list also. We have had our 369 almost two years now, and while we haven't been out as much as I would like, there have only been minor issue, with one exception. Even on that issue, GD is willing to discuss helping on the repair even though my rig is almost a year out of warranty. The company really stands behind their product, which is very important to me.
    David & Linda - Plainview, VA
    2008 3500HD CrewCab DRW
    2014 369RL #258
    2007 Solstice
    2008 TrailBlazer
    2016 Kia Sorento
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only had our 375re for 3 weeks but very happy, happy, happy with it. One thing I do not like, our screws to hold steps down are right where we place our bare feet. Ouch! Why they do not countersink the screws is beyond my reasoning.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Racerx View Post
    Only had our 375re for 3 weeks but very happy, happy, happy with it. One thing I do not like, our screws to hold steps down are right where we place our bare feet. Ouch! Why they do not countersink the screws is beyond my reasoning.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Racerx,

The screws are supposed to go into the vertical surface, not the horizontal surface where you step. Sometimes, they put these strips on the wrong way around.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS