User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Espinoa

King Bed vs Queen Bed

We love the idea of a king size bed, but I am a littler concerned with the limited space to get in and out of bed. Any owners with the king bed have any complaints? I see that the queen is the same as as a residential queen, so you can easily put a residential mattress and sheets, but I am still enticed by the extra room of a king even though it is narrower than a residential king. Input/opinions from king owners is appreciated. We are getting the reflection 337RLS. Thanks, Tina

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a king in our 317 reflection. Love the size. I don't have a problem getting out. When I make the bed I slide it down to get to the top. We lost the side shelf so my husband is going to make a corner shelf to put our water on. I think that's better than the side shelf. I think I would have hit it if I rolled over. The space is about 8". We have king at home and had a queen in our other fifth wheel and it was just too small. We just ordered a premier sleep number which is lighter so it's easier to lift. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are you used to at home? We have a king at home and even though this is 4" thinner it's better than the camper queen. Space issue is no problem, we have 14" on either side of the bed to walk, but that's the Solitude.
    Tom & Nancy
    Newport, MI
    369RL, #302

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same here we would like to swap out to give a little more room.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have a 337. After 1 short trip, took out the king, cut the base down to fit a queen, and put in a foam mattress. We put a foam topper on the king from the beginning. Did not help much, worst mattress I have ever seen.

Sheila did not like making up the king with no room on either side. I did not like crawling in and out of the bed from the foot. The queen fits us perfectly, but we do have a king at home.
    Robert & Sheila, Amarillo, TX
    2013 F250 short bed crew cab, diesel, 4X4, Firestone air bags
    2014 Reflection 337, Michelin XPS Ribs, Anderson Ultimate Fifth wheel hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What did you have to cut? I was hoping to just replace the mattress

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We saw a 337 with a king in it, and opted to buy the 337 with a queen. I'm average size and could not imagine trying to squeeze out of bed on the side of the king size. My husband, who is on the large side, would probably have been wedged between bed and wall and needed a crowbar to be removed. Making the bed would be unpleasant even with sliding the mattress down. If I had to crawl into bed from the foot of the bed it would seem exactly like the old Outback we were trading in. We are supremely happy with the queen size and the floor space it gives, plus the bedside shelves right there at eye level are perfect. In our home we have a king, but we find the queen to be just fine. Be prepared to either change out the existing mattress or add a 3 or 4" memory foam for comfort. We opted for the memory foam and find sleeping quite comfy. It woud be impossible for an RV manufacturer to please all the varying tastes in mattress types, so I can understand why they go cheap on the mattresses.
    Happy Kansans .... DeWayne & Benita
    and one crazy little ShihPoo puppy named Olive Ann
    2015 Reflection 337
    2017 Ford F350 Super Duty SRW

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We purchased the trailer with a king. We just changed to a queen. We didn't like how tight it was and making the bed. Just have to cut the plywood down in width. Cut measure from the middle and cut on both sides. I laid it out before I removed the screws. Everything went back together easily. Remember to sand the cuts to prevent snagging the mattress and bedding.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our 337 has the king. It is a little tight making the bed especially on the closet side but by no means impossible. The mattress was not comfortable so we bought a memory foam topper from Costco and it is super.
    Dave and Anne
    2015 Ford F350 XLT 6.7l 3.55 Crew Cab/SB
    2016 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS w/King Size Bed and Dual A/C
    2 Golden Retrievers - Ivy 6 yrs and Ruby 2 yrs.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    5 minutes to make the bed.

Sleep for 8 hours

........I got the KING
    2011 F350 DRW CC with Firestone Ride Rite Air bags
    2015 Momentum 380 TH

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast