Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your Suspension has never been Aligned

At the Rally plant tour today, we learned that Grand Design assembles the axles to the frame.

They have no production alignment capability and do not require the dealer to check alignment as part of PDI. Lippert Correct Track provides the CAPABILITY to align the suspension, but most dealers do not have the equipment to do this.

Bottom line is that most Grand Design products are running down the road with an alignment system that has never been adjusted to correct alignment.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

campusa
    Interesting, thanks for sharing.

Site Sponsor
    Kerrville, TX RV parks through April 2020
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    News we need to use and act on!
    AKA Steve and Lynne
    Storm the Black Lab
    Reflection 337 RLS vin 573FR3628E3300393
    2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab Longbox
    6.7 Cummins, 68 RFE transmission
    B and W Companion, Air Lifts

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That admission leads to a whole host of safety and warranty concerns. With axles out of alignment, how many blow outs, which heretofore were blamed on Westlake, are really due to misaligned axles. Many RV'ers don't pull their trailer far or long enough during the 1 year warranty period where abnormal tire wear from misaligned axles would become apparent. By the time it is recognized, "so sorry, too late, warranty expired."
    It appears to me that installing "CorrectTrac" is just a marketing scheme to make a buyer think they are getting an upgraded suspension when in fact it's just a bunch of extra widgets that serve no practical purpose(unless of course the purchaser can find a heavy duty truck/ trailer alignment shop that is familiar with these widgets
    and on their own dime, get their axles aligned correctly)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did anyone ask the powers that be at GD about the alignment issue? If so what was the response?
    Ralph and Sheri Mutchler
    Reflection 303
    Snook, TX

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob--thanks for getting and sharing this information. It seems I recall reading in our owners packet that there was a section/separate document addressing the need for owners to get the alignment checked AFTER getting the RV fully loaded. We know that there is 500 +/- more weight on the street side with these type RV floor plans and possibly approaching 1000 lbs. when fully loaded. This will cause axle alignment to be further off than when delivered (assuming it is off then too which it appears it was/is.) The selling dealer of our 303 in WI, was aware of this condition with RVs with these (and I assume other floor plans) and has the equipment to align the axles. I plan to check locally and learn more and get this addressed. As you and I have communicated, it seems our street side axles are about 3/8"--1/2" closer together than the curb side.

Thanks, again, Rob !

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So is the cost of getting the alignment on the buyer or GD? How long after purchase and use do we wait?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the alignment is part of the maintenance we are required to pay for
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gotcha, I think the thread said that it does not come aligned at PDI so would that be on them?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All very interesting after two blow outs I would like to know if our RV has a problem and can not understand why they would sell a new unit of high value does not come aligned!
    why do we have to make a list of post delivery problems then spend time back at the dealer getting it all fixed?

I buy a new truck from Ford and all I have had to do is change the oil and filters!

Tony
    Tony & Hilary Self
    2014 Momentum 385TH #290
    2015 Ford F450 with B&W Companion ,Transfer Flow 57 G Midship and 40 G Toolbox tanks
    Extra load springs

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast