User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Golf RVers?

NancyG

Golf RVers?

My husband is interested in finding other RVers who like to meet/travel/caravan to golf destinations. We are retired and based in Nevada, preferring the west coast but would consider travelling wherever. I'm not into golf but love to paint, so scenic, inspiring locations are my priority. We's sure like to join up with like-minded folks. Anyone out there?

Ron & Nancy Gunderson
    Reflections 303RLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome. Not a real golfer, and more importanly, still employed. I hope you find some like minded people. Glamping is great, but doing it with others of like intrest makes it even better.
    David & Linda - Plainview, VA
    2008 3500HD CrewCab DRW
    2014 369RL #258
    2007 Solstice
    2008 TrailBlazer
    2016 Kia Sorento
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum Nancy and Ron! I know we have golfers in the Grand Design community, I saw three here at the Rally putting their golf clubs in their truck a couple of days ago leaving to go play a round. Maybe Ron can hook up with some of these guys down the road real soon.

Steve

NancyG
    Thank you! Hopefully other golfers will respond & we'll get a travel group going to wonderful golf destinations!

L&L Jackson
    Hello Gunderson's,

We're new Solitude owners and new to the forum too. Hubby is a golfer and liked the sounds of your post. Like you, I am not a golfer but I enjoy many other activites from trail hikes to wild mushroom forays, reading, writing and I dabble in watercolor on a very primative level We're heading West for the winter and would love to learn more about the possiblities.

NancyG
    Delighted to hear from you, Jacksons! The West is a big place...where are you planning to go? We live in NV and will be heading to Mesa AZ in December to spend the winter months, returning home in April. We think that we'll enjoy the Phoenix area for the cultural events, sports & art, and golf for Ron, of course. We're only a year into our RVing experience and really enjoying it so far. Last fall we visited Yellowstone and Glacier NPs and this year we spent March in Casa Grande and April in Prescott, then up through Monument Valley, Mesa Verde and Arches NP before returning home. Ron really enjoyed Prescott Country Club. While he's out golfing, I have figured out a way to paint (watercolors) using the dining table and a TV tray. I enjoy walking and reading as well, so we have some common interests. It would be fun to get together!

NancyG

L&L Jackson
    Great to hear back from you NancyG, we agree, it would be fun to get together.

We're taking off from the N.E. in a week or so. We have family in Colorado, our home state, where we plan to spend most of Oct. We love to head out for the winter right after Labor Day (when the kids are back in school) the state parks are virtually empty of campers and it's great fun to have the leisure to spontaneously pull into a park and be the only campers there. We'll get a later start than we'd planned on since we have a refrigerator repair issue - right out of the gate. We've camped for the past 10 years in a 27' vintage Streamline TT without a single systems failure, (ahhh that we should be so lucky with our new coach), we upgraded to a 5th wheel for more room. Fingers crossed !! Our only objective is to reach Grass Valley CA to spend Thanksgiving with a dear friend. We have boondocked winters on the BLM land in AZ, NV and CA, alternating with campground stays we've been "snowbirds" for the past seven years. With a grand daughter in Phoenix and family in Casa Grande we want to be in those areas at some point and it sounds like you two have those locations and Prescott on your agenda again this coming winter? We are not familiar with the golf courses out there so it would be delightful for David to join up with another golfer. Sounds like the girls would have no problem entertaining themselves with some common interests. After Thanksgiving we have no intinerary and we're free to go wherever the wind blows - only not too much blowing of wind please -

Katy L.

NancyG
    Hi Katy--
    We've spoken with a couple of other Grand Design owners having refrigerator issues, but (knock wood) we've not had problems with our Reflection frig. Aside from a wheel bearing seal problem (discovered and repaired at our first servicing), our biggest issue has been with the incandescent light bulbs blowing. We're considering replacing some of ceiling fixtures with LED, but we're not really intending to dry camp much, so we don't have the issue of trying to run on battery power, so the cost might not be justifiable.

Grass Valley is about 1.5 hr drive from us (Reno area), plus it sounds like we could surely meet up in AZ this coming winter sometime. We will be in Mesa from mid December through March. At this point, we don't have a plan to go to Prescott but we wouldn't rule it out. We were there last April and it was rather windy then. It kept me inside a lot (allergies) but didn't affect Ron's golf. Prescott is a fun old town with historical buildings around a central plaza with interesting art galleries and shops. We liked the town quite well but the RV park that we stayed in didn't offer much activities until after we left.

Let's exchange email addresses so we can maybe make a plan to meet each other sometime. [email protected]

:-) Nancy

L&L Jackson
    Terrific Nancy - I'll email you shortly and we'll be in touch!! THANKS. Katy