Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tell me all about your 313 good and bad

I am looking at a 2016 313 in reflections series and looking for the positives and negatives of the 313. I saw one post that the 2 grey tanks are not connected and to do so you need to buy a valve to make them both work together. This is some of what I hope you can share with me about your 313 in the travel trailer series

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As of the 2016 models, the grey tanks are connected. they put a third grey tank in, so two are connected and the third dedicated to washer. However, they tend to drain pretty slowly. James Quinn on this sight, who was very much a part of getting that change in design, recently got DG to replace those two tanks with one 75 gal or so tank. I amxious to hear how that works. I assume he still has the third tank dedicated to a washing machine. Otherwise, I really haven't had any problems. We really love the trailer. It is a bit tongue heavy though, so be aware of that.
    Don and Anita
    Oklahoma
    2015 RAM 2500 Cummins Diesel Laramie Edition
    2017 Reflection 337
    Anderson Ultimate Hitch/B&W Companion...depending on weight

james quinn
    depending on production date the 313 comes with a couple different configurations. The original production had 2 tanks with combined capacity of 75 gallons. One of the tanks was dedicated solely to the washer dryer and could only be mani folded with the second tank by use of a gate valve at sewer discharge. second configuration had three grey tanks: one for exclusive washer use, and the other two side by each mani folded for the balance of the trailer (this is how Don's and my trailer came). I found, like Don, that the two manifolded tanks drained extremely slow but not sure why as they were both separately vented thru the roof. GD replaced my two with a single 72 gallon tank . They had to have this tank specially manufactured as there was not an existing tank available that worked for this application, and in meantime they were doing the two tank thing. I believe that all current production has the 72 gallon tank. I have not had the chance to really test mine since I was away for about a month, but couple days ago when I checked in front of my house it seemed to be better flow. I will know more after this weekend when I am done a three night trip ... I will update next week.

The newer production 313's come with the Norcold fridge, Suburban furnaces and non-Kanleak water valve systems, so the problems inherent with those are not an issue with the newer model. I would check production date and confirm tank size / configuration.

Other than thre have been a couple minor things ... thermostat, stabalizer switch...that GD couriered out direct to me. Overall I am pretty happy with the trailer.

JimQ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    James,
    Is yours a 15 or 16 ?? the one I am looking at is a 2016. I did notice that it had the Norcold fridge in it and a Dometic thermostat on the wall and a valve system in the storage compartment that had colors on the valves vs all white valves like in my 15 308.I am a bit concerned about the grey tank issue though. I also am wondering about the tongue weight on the 313 I tow with either a Dodge 2500 diesel or a Ford f-250 diesel so having enough of truck I don't think is a issue. I also am looking for a answer on the A/C unit as to the brand if anyone knows. The GD site does not tell you if you are looking at a 15 or 16 and the info is kind of vague at best

james quinn
    Game Warden,

Mine is a 2016 (just) and I have Dometic A/C units (too me that is better than Atwood). Coloured valves mean you likely have new water system. My tongue (with 2 a/c) is 1278# without battery or propane...1450# with. Check your hitch rating but I think u are okay. I tow wiith a F150 ecoboost so had to add weight to rear of trailer to take some off tongue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Plenty of towing ability we tow with either a Ford f-250 crew or a Dodge 2500 mega both are diesels. We use a 14k equalizer hitch and just love that hitch

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Before I get into some of the issues let me say we love the 313rlts. So far Atwood refrigerator quit working on electric after 5 months (GD is sending the electric heating element). The grey tank issue is probably the biggest constant pain. Had one window leak (sealant bead outside wasn't good had to fix). A few of us have had the Schwintek slide (Kitchen/entertainment) rollers eat into the bottom of the slide. A/Cs (Atwood) both leak in moderate rain (bedroom more so than living area). Only have 500 miles on the unit, but getting ready to hit the road for 10,000. Pull it with a 2500 Ram and 15000# WDH.

John
    2015 313rlts and Ram 2500 4x4

Kunaman

Weight

Quote Originally Posted by james quinn View Post
    Game Warden,

Mine is a 2016 (just) and I have Dometic A/C units (too me that is better than Atwood). Coloured valves mean you likely have new water system. My tongue (with 2 a/c) is 1278# without battery or propane...1450# with. Check your hitch rating but I think u are okay. I tow wiith a F150 ecoboost so had to add weight to rear of trailer to take some off tongue.
    When you mention add weight what did you do. My tow vehicle is also 2014 f150 crew w/ economist short bed.

james quinn
    Quote Originally Posted by Kunaman View Post
    When you mention add weight what did you do. My tow vehicle is also 2014 f150 crew w/ economist short bed.
    I added 400 lbs of 1" thick steel screwed to floor under couch and covered with 1/8 inch panel so still could use some of space left for storage. Also, added another 100 lbs of 2" x2" steel and bolted this to front side of rear hitch cros member. Nobody would know the steel exists except if I told them. The way I did it, the 500# effectively takes 250# off tongue weight. I also changed out propane tanks to 20#ers

Kunaman
    Quote Originally Posted by james quinn View Post
    I added 400 lbs of 1" thick steel screwed to floor under couch and covered with 1/8 inch panel so still could use some of space left for storage. Also, added another 100 lbs of 2" x2" steel and bolted this to front side of rear hitch cros member. Nobody would know the steel exists except if I told them. The way I did it, the 500# effectively takes 250# off tongue weight. I also changed out propane tanks to 20#ers
    I do have a 2015 f150 crew 6.5 bed with max tow and Eco on order. Getting nervous about weight. I'll never max out the trailer but by the time I put wood, cooler and stuff in bed that's extra weight. I am set up with a Strait-Line Weight Distribution w Sway Control cams - Trunnion Bar - 12,000 lbs GTW, 1,200 lbs. I tow my current trailer now with ease. Max on that is around ninety something. Squats but picks right up once everything is hooked up. I Do work for a ford dealership and my commercial truck guy said we can always have something added to suspension to beef it up. Only like 300 bucks. Hopefully it's not to heavy. Before u added the weight what made you do that. Did it just feel to low or heavy?. How did your F150 tow it before adding extra weight?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast