User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Sound bar

fredandfred

Sound bar

I want to hook up a new sound bar in place of the one that's stock. My question is has anyone changed theirs out and finding an electrical connection. I am going to assume, I know don't, that the Furrion stereo already installed is running on 12v. Where is that being picked up at? The sound bar I want to install requires 110 but I need to see if it uses 12v at the bar so I can tap into what's already there power wise. And is there an easy way to get behind the back wall?

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Jeff, I can speak a little about our Solitude 369rl. The sound bar that is used by the TV is 110 and is plugged into a socket behind the TV. The Furrion radio is indeed 12v and all the wiring can be accessed by pulling the radio out. I installed my PVR on the shelf above the Furrion and cut a hole from the back of the furrion down to the hole behind the TV. I ran a couple of new HDMI cables through this new hole. So all the wiring to the TV and stereo are easily accessed.... Dan
    Dan and Marilyn Martin
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Carleton Place, Ontario

2015 Solitude 369RL
    2011 Ford F450 Dually, Diesel

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

fredandfred
    Quote Originally Posted by D&M369RL View Post
    Hi Jeff, I can speak a little about our Solitude 369rl. The sound bar that is used by the TV is 110 and is plugged into a socket behind the TV. The Furrion radio is indeed 12v and all the wiring can be accessed by pulling the radio out. I installed my PVR on the shelf above the Furrion and cut a hole from the back of the furrion down to the hole behind the TV. I ran a couple of new HDMI cables through this new hole. So all the wiring to the TV and stereo are easily accessed.... Dan
    I hate cutting new holes but I guess I need to just suck it up. The sound quality of the existing sound system is pitiful.