User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The leak control valve is within the green Acme nut that attaches to the tank.
    Susan and Jim
    2015 Reflection 27RL
    2013 Ford F350 Diesel Crew Cab 4x4 SRW
    PullRite Superglide 16K Hitch
    Timbren SES

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was always of the understanding that the flow control valve was inside the tank connection and had to be depressed by screwing on the ACME thread connector. This site seems to support this understanding. http://propane101.com/valveopennopropane.htm

However, the orifice in the connector is really small . . . I can see where this could plug or partially plug and restrict flow.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Google "Acme propane valve"
    Also check this site too.
    http://www.rvdoctor.com/2001/04/not-...gtail.html?m=1
    The green Acme valve, the same green pigtail nut that attaches to the tank, has the DOT safety device within.
    Susan and Jim
    2015 Reflection 27RL
    2013 Ford F350 Diesel Crew Cab 4x4 SRW
    PullRite Superglide 16K Hitch
    Timbren SES

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Centurion,

Thanks for posting the link that explains exactly how this works. I like to learn new stuff .
    The description in the link describes what TucsonJim was experiencing, being able to operate a stove burner, but nothing more.
    Google is a great tool . . . if you can guess exactly the right phrase to search for !!

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the help guys. I've been doing "honey-do's" for the last couple of days. I'm heading into town tomorrow, and I'll pick up a new pigtail the local Camping World to see if that resolves the problem. If not, then at least I'll have a spare.

Jim

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jim,
    I don't know if you have looked at the fittings on the pig tail yet but on my Reflection 303 the pigtail on one side had a 1/4 male pipe and the other side had a 1/4 inverted flare.
    Ralph and Sheri Mutchler
    Reflection 303
    Snook, TX

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RGMutchler View Post
    Jim,
    I don't know if you have looked at the fittings on the pig tail yet but on my Reflection 303 the pigtail on one side had a 1/4 male pipe and the other side had a 1/4 inverted flare.
    No I hadn't looked at them Ralph. Thanks for the heads up. I'll pull the suspected defective one and take it with me to CW tomorrow.

Jim

Norcalrv1
    With the info here,thank you, I going to try to clean the valves
    If I try to put on a new propane line the fittings looks like they could break or be difficult to seal to avoid leaks. Probably just dirt which will clean easily
    Let ya know

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink Propane Dummy

I have what is probably a dumb question... I am currently on my first outing with the family in my new 308BHTS.

Due to ignorance, I made a mistake and had both propane tanks fully opened. I now realize the error I committed.

I walked by and thought I smelled gas last night, so I immediately shut off both valves. I shrugged it off because one of the hoses was a little loose, so I tightened it and moved on.

This morning I turned both back on and there was an immediate popping noise and a little green nut and a spring Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0028.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	88.4 KB 
ID:	3134came flying out of the top of the regulator. My spidey-sense told me that wasn't normal so I quickly shut off both valves again.

I finally spotted the arrow on the regulator that indicates which ONE of the tanks should be on. SMH.

I would like to use my gas again and it seems fairly straight forward to reassemble what seems to be a pressure release mechanism. Rubber stopper + spring + green cap. Does this sound right to you guys? Thanks as always for helping the newbie.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0025.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	83.2 KB 
ID:	3135Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0027.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	89.1 KB 
ID:	3136
    The statement below is true.
    The statement above is false.

Norcalrv1
    You can have both tanks on at the same time. There is an indicator on the valve the selects the tank that turns from green to red when one tank is empty and it goes to the other tank. I don't do that I use one tank until it is empty and manually change the valve. You will.know when it is empty. That way I know that I have an empty tank. My guess is that the pressure regulator was not adjusted correctly. I think that they need to be pressure adjusted. I would go buy a new one and not mess with the bad one.
    You will have to decide for yourself how to handle that I have never has one blow as part.
    Rod

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast