Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slider Seal Torn

I few months ago I opened the passenger side slider and noticed the seal attached to the trailer had pulled out of the its channel. It was fixed at Camping World while toppers were added to the sliders. Today, while cleaning the trailer after a two week trip I noticed the seal on the driver's side slide had torn near the top. Does anyone know if there's a glue or sealant for the seal or should it just be replaced? It looks as thought the seal just slides into the channel, probably secured by a screw.
    Clay and Jan
    Santa Clarita, CA

2014 Dodge 3500 Mega 4X4
    2014 Solitude 305RE

2010 Chocolate Lab Taylor

SoCADesertRat
    Quote Originally Posted by anyheading View Post
    I few months ago I opened the passenger side slider and noticed the seal attached to the trailer had pulled out of the its channel. It was fixed at Camping World while toppers were added to the sliders. Today, while cleaning the trailer after a two week trip I noticed the seal on the driver's side slide had torn near the top. Does anyone know if there's a glue or sealant for the seal or should it just be replaced? It looks as thought the seal just slides into the channel, probably secured by a screw.
    I would measure the distance from the slide out outside wall to the edge of the opening in the sidewall of the trailer at the top and bottom on both sides of the slide out. They should all be equal to indicate the slide out sits squarely in the "hole". if the slide out is tilted or in anyway too close to one side of the cutout, the wiper seal will tear.
    I speak, unfortunately, from personal experience. Best to look for the cause first.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Take a look at my post "torn wiper seal" I've included a picture of a new seal arrangement used by GD on the Reflection trailer. If yours looks like this, it isn't just a matter of sliding wiper seal from track. Only the "D" seal slides from the track. When the wiper is torn, you need to remove the entire assembly and install a new one. I was also considering some "flex Tape" or something similar until after the season to attempt this replacement. I also want to check how well centered my slide is in the opening before installed new seals.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes - check to be sure slide is centered in the hole. I had to have one of my slides adjusted because it was tearing up the seal on the side that was too tight.
    Joe & Kim Procter
    2016 Refection 303RLS
    2011 Ford 250, 6.7L Diesel 4X4

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've used contact cement as a temporary fix on the seals.