Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interior Wall Covering Bubbling

I first noticed the interior wall covering/wallpaper bubbling in the bedroom above the TV. Know I've found a few other spots elsewhere. Is there a quick fix? inject glue, heat gun, etc.?
    Clay and Jan
    Santa Clarita, CA

2014 Dodge 3500 Mega 4X4
    2014 Solitude 305RE

2010 Chocolate Lab Taylor

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You may want to check those bubbles for leaks. Poke the bubbles with a sharp pin and press with a tissue to see if water comes out. If it hasnt rained in some time you may want to re check right after a rainfall before you glue.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just found bubbles on the passenger side between the rear window and the slide on my 315rlts. I had never noticed them before. I did put a hole in them and liquid came out. The wall seems solid behind them and I see no imperfections on the exterior wall or any source for leaks on the exterior wall or slide gasket or the roof. I have no clue where the water could be coming from or why it is revealing itself as unconnected bubbles rather than one long connected bubble.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the same thing with my reflection on the passenger side slide under the window,it was a water leak . It was covered under the warranty.
    Pat and Bill with Kaycee the Shar-Pei Hound and Abby the Shar-Pei Beagle in our hearts.
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 150 295RL
    2023 Ford F250 Crew Cab 7.3 Godzilla 3.73 locking axle
    Andersen Hitch

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Eagles01. What is weird on mine is that it is beside the window and not under it. I guess I should take it to the dealer and have them check it out. Unfortunately mine is no longer under warranty.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill's 315rlts View Post
    Thanks Eagles01. What is weird on mine is that it is beside the window and not under it. I guess I should take it to the dealer and have them check it out. Unfortunately mine is no longer under warranty.
    It's useful to create a "signature" in your user profile here that reports at least the year and model of your trailer, so others can help you more specifically.

Without one I don't know the year of your trailer... is it more than three years old? GD trailers have a one-year warranty on many things, but a three-year warranty covering structural issues.

https://www.granddesignrv.com/sites/...anty-82217.pdf
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, Mine is a 2017

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill's 315rlts View Post
    Before taking the trailer, you might climb a ladder and check the top of the window on the outside. One of our bedroom windows was installed askew- the leading edge and bottom were flush with the outside shell. The top following edge had a gap that started small, but enlarged to 1/4” at the rear and slightly down the back edge. Only noticed water on the floor after washing the trailer. I didn’t want to wait to locate and buy Poly-cor (recommended by most here) so I caulked with outdoor adhesive caulk- that was a year ago. Check on it all the time-still good, and no puddles!
    N
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, I have looked at it, but only from the ground. I'll check it from the roof and hopefully see the problem. the strange thing is that this only happen once on a trip in June. Not before and not since.