User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quick travel day meal ideas

Looking for ideas on quick meals after a travel day and set up. We normally have sandwiches during the day and neither of us want to cook a meal (or do dishes) afterwards. Thanks
    2023 RAM 2500, 2021 Transcend 240ML

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JHH4198 View Post
    Looking for ideas on quick meals after a travel day and set up. We normally have sandwiches during the day and neither of us want to cook a meal (or do dishes) afterwards. Thanks
    How long do you travel in a day? The "I don't want to prepare a meal" after setting up is one reason we always try to arrive at a campsite around 1-3 pm. Gives me time to sit for a while after setting up before doing dinner.

There are easy boxed dinners called Suddenly Salad. You boil the pasta and mix in seasoning/sauce that are pretty good. Takes about 15-20 minutes.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by livinthelife View Post
    How long do you travel in a day? The "I don't want to prepare a meal" after setting up is one reason we always try to arrive at a campsite around 1-3 pm. Gives me time to sit for a while after setting up before doing dinner.

There are easy boxed dinners called Suddenly Salad. You boil the pasta and mix in seasoning/sauce that are pretty good. Takes about 15-20 minutes.
    Good idea. Thanks. We try to keep it under 5 hours of travel. I guess my biggest struggle is the multiple back to back travel days.
    2023 RAM 2500, 2021 Transcend 240ML

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We keep a couple of frozen box singles in the freezer for just such occasions. Our go-tos are Health Choice Cafe Steamers. 5 minutes in the microwave each, and they're not too bad for flavor and nutrition. Slice up an apple on the side.
    2023 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JHH4198 View Post
    Good idea. Thanks. We try to keep it under 5 hours of travel. I guess my biggest struggle is the multiple back to back travel days.
    There's a lot of full timers that travel for 2 days then stop for 2 nights for that reason. We do that if we can leave a day or 2 early.
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sushi or grilled cheese and chip is our go to don't want to cook meals and reheated leftovers. There's also fully cooked bbq chickens. Eat as is or make hot chickens and chicken sandwiches the next day.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like to freeze home cooked meals (leftovers from dinner ) that can be popped in the microwave or toaster oven. Depending on how much is frozen, you can both have the same thing or different meals. Sometimes I'll grab a Costco Rotisserie chicken and potato salad for road tripping. Or theres always pizza delivery
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would recommend highway engine cooking! As a offroad Jeeper, done it many of times. Some of the best tasting food after wheeling all day! Can do just about any dish in a 4hr drive - just might need a little prep and freezing before hand. Steak, chicken, fish, vegies...... its a hot meal when you are ready to pull over. Heres an article on it. No affiliation just sharing. Dont really need the book IMO, just common sense and a little cooking experience helps.

https://www.wisebread.com/cooking-gr...the-heat-is-on
    Last edited by trailrydr; 09-30-2023 at 10:37 AM.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cardboard box meals or my favorite, In & Out Burger
    Paul, Sue & Wonder Dog Zane
    '18 Solitude 310 GK
    "15 F-350 6.7, DRW, CC

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The DW freezes meals like lasagna and meatloaf; since we can't nearly eat all she makes in one sitting there are is always some left over. Sometimes it is left overs from a day or two in the past purposely saved for that quick meal when traveling back-to-back days. Soup and salad is also a go-to. Sometimes we have "breakfast" - eggs, toast, maybe a meat or potatoes. I should ask her (where is she now.... argh - can't keep up with her).... I wonder what we are having for dinner tonight.??...
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast