User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Taking our 337 in for service, again. Will it ever work?

Tomorrow we take in our 337 for service, again. We got tired of constantly trying having to contact our local GD dealer to get them moving and get our trailer back to us. As with others, the usual excuse is that they are waiting on GD to approve warranty work. As most of us know, the holdup is rarely with GD because we contact GD and find out there has never been a warranty claim. However, due to the hassle and time I have to spend on the phone with both the dealer and GD, we get tired of it. We didn't spend all this money for this hassle. Anyway, we have limited choices of dealers in our area so we are driving about 1 1/2 hours away to a dealer that we have heard good things about.

We chose this dealer specifically because of what they said they would do. They have since changed their story and we haven't even arrived yet. We contacted GD because we have the wrong axles installed. This was before the recall. GD immediately approved and asked us where we want the axles sent. We contacted this dealer and they indicated they could replaced in a day, maybe 2 once they received the parts. GD shipped the axles and they are waiting on us at the dealer. However, the dealer now tells us that it may take 2 weeks to complete. No reason except they indicate that it may take that long for a tech to free up. So much for scheduling.

Since we scheduled this appointment however, things have fallen apart significantly. In addition to the axles, we now have only intermittent brakes on the trailer. We have been through the truck wiring and the trailer harness and junction box. We still get very frequent trailer disconnected messages and the brakes come and go. I probably shouldn't even drive the thing but have little choice. In addition, the hot water heater quit this weekend, the awning began pulling away, the awning motor doesn't have enough power to close the awning without help, the toilet burps sewer gas inside the cabin when flushed, the flexible gas line under the slide is breaking again after falling down and being ripped off by the tire previously, one awning speaker quit working and I have had to give up watching TV since it is impossible to hear because the A/C is unbearably loud and runs 24 hours a day.

Anyway, this is our 3rd 5th wheel and is the most expensive. It is also the only one that we have had problems with. So far, the cheap Wildcat that we started with has been the most reliable. The trailer that we traded in for the 337 was a great trailer too. The only reason that we traded, was because of a few floor plan issues that we didn't like. We decided to take a bit of a hit and get the GD so that when we retired in a couple of years, we could better enjoy our longer trips.

We want that trailer back now. We no longer want the Grand Design. We feel deceived and cheated. We bought the story about great customer service from GD etc and traded in our reliable unit. Sure GD customer service has been responsive but we still have a trailer that we don't trust and are afraid to take on any more trips. Every trip something else breaks. We don't dare take the thing on a trip where we have deadlines because we expect that we will get stranded at any time. So now what are we to do, we are paying a large amount of money for this thing every month but we can't trust it to use it. We had hoped to travel extensively when we retire in a couple of years but don't dare take thing. How about the "Great" Grand Design take this thing back and give us one that works? Even then, I don't know. It seems that everyone here has the same issues.

How do I get out of this without taking even more of a loss?
    John & Jill
    (5 Dachshunds and 1 confused Pit Bull - Moose, Barney, Spanky, Willie, Guri and Brixx)
    2015 Reflection 337RLS
    2011 F350 Lariat DRW, 6.7L PSD
    Phillipsburg, Ohio, USA

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    John and Jill - I sent you a PM with details of a similar situation I experienced and how I obtained some help.

Jim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    John & Jill i am sorry for all your problems i really am. Because it sounds almost like a carbon copy mine,except that i have had more trouble with the dealer. Don
    2014 Reflection 303//2013 Ram 2500 turbo diesel Spring, TEXAS

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey John & Jill,

Really sorry to hear of your ongoing problems. I expect that Grand Design would be too.
    If I read Google Map correctly, you are less than four hours from the factory.
    Call them, set up an appointment and bring them your trailer.
    Anybody who picks up the phone when you call, will not let this situation continue.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would echo what Rob stated. Call GD directly and go there. In the almost two years I have had my Solitude I have had very little problems with my unit, and those that I have had GD has been very responsive. We also took the plunge to buy our retirement fun toys now to enjoy later. I am looking forward to traveling and using my 369.
    David & Linda - Plainview, VA
    2008 3500HD CrewCab DRW
    2014 369RL #258
    2007 Solstice
    2008 TrailBlazer
    2016 Kia Sorento
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dloase View Post
    I would echo what Rob stated. Call GD directly and go there. In the almost two years I have had my Solitude I have had very little problems with my unit, and those that I have had GD has been very responsive. We also took the plunge to buy our retirement fun toys now to enjoy later. I am looking forward to traveling and using my 369.
    Thanks everyone. I dropped the trailer off on Tuesday morning. This happens to be the dealer where we bought the trailer but is not the closest service facility to us. Anyway, we'll see how it goes. I told them that I would pick it up next Thursday as we are leaving that weekend on a trip. I am not cancelling our plans for this thing. We paid to use it.

We do plan on contacting GD about all of these problems. I just haven't found the time this week yet. I don't have a problem taking it to them to give it a going over and would welcome it, during the off season of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    Hey John & Jill,

Really sorry to hear of your ongoing problems. I expect that Grand Design would be too.
    If I read Google Map correctly, you are less than four hours from the factory.
    Call them, set up an appointment and bring them your trailer.
    Anybody who picks up the phone when you call, will not let this situation continue.

Rob

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk
    John & Jill
    (5 Dachshunds and 1 confused Pit Bull - Moose, Barney, Spanky, Willie, Guri and Brixx)
    2015 Reflection 337RLS
    Phillipsburg, Ohio, USA

Manufacturer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ritterjd View Post
    Thanks everyone. I dropped the trailer off on Tuesday morning. This happens to be the dealer where we bought the trailer but is not the closest service facility to us. Anyway, we'll see how it goes. I told them that I would pick it up next Thursday as we are leaving that weekend on a trip. I am not cancelling our plans for this thing. We paid to use it.

We do plan on contacting GD about all of these problems. I just haven't found the time this week yet. I don't have a problem taking it to them to give it a going over and would welcome it, during the off season of course.

Hi John & Jill (@ritterjd),

Our Customer Support team will be contacting you.

Best regards,
    ~ Janice
    Mailing & shipping address: Grand Design RV, Attn: Customer Support, 13868 CR 4, Bristol IN 46507
    Hours: Monday - Friday (8:00 am - 5:00 pm EST, closed holidays)

- Phones: Grand Design RV Corporate at (574) 825-8000 or Customer Support (direct) at (574) 825-9679
    - Fax: (574) 825-9249
    - Email: [email protected]

- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GrandDesignRv
    - Twitter: https://twitter.com/granddesignrv
    - Google+: https://plus.google.com/113479014558069639097
    - LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/grand-design-rv-llc
    - Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/granddesignrv
    - YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHa...PuUd3J3NHNyXVQ

For EMERGENCY or immediate assistance contact your RV dealer or GDRV Customer Support directly at (574) 825-9679 with your 17-digit RV VIN, name, and phone number.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GDRV Customer Service View Post
    Hi John & Jill (@ritterjd),

Our Customer Support team will be contacting you.

Best regards,
    ~ Janice
    Janice, we have not heard from anyone.

John & Jill
    2015 Reflection 337RLS
    Phillipsburg, Ohio, USA

mehall1087
    I'm still waiting on a manager to call me too. Don't hold your breath.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Until proven otherwise, I am convinced the weakest link in the RV industry is the service side of the dealer network.
    Dean and Cindy
    2014 337 RLS
    Firestone Ride - Rite Airbags
    Ford F-250 6.7 Diesel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast