Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grey water holding tank issues.

This weekend was our first camping trip with our new 2015 Reflection 308 BHTS and it appears that the grey water holding tank is leaking past the cable gate closure. I tried opening and closing it many times but it was still leaking. Other than this issue we love our 308 BHTS.

Is this a common problem?
    Is this covered under the warranty?
    Joel & Barbara

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j6...psvobhbfwc.gif

2015 Reflection 308 BHTS
    VIN: 573TR3628F3302598
    2005 Ford Excursion 6.0
    Clarksville, TN

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Joel and Barbara - It is a very common problem, and many of us have dealt with it one way or another. It is a warranty item and I had our repaired under warranty. But after the warranty, it started to leak again. I bit the bullet and purchased a twist on gate valve from Amazon. You simply attach the valve to your discharge pipe and it provides a second barrier from any leaks. Another great advantage of the secondary valve is that you can equalize your two gray tanks by pulling their dump handles while you have the Valtera valve closed. This way, if one gray tank is full, you can share the load with the other gray tank.

http://www.amazon.com/Valterra-T58-T...GNPPA8FZ977EKZ

Jim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jim,

Thanks for the helpful information.

Joel
    Joel & Barbara

2015 Reflection 308 BHTS
    2005 Ford Excursion 6.0
    Clarksville, TN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Joel -

We purchased our 308bhts in August and had the same issue. What we discovered was during our pdi the dealership gave us one piece of bad info. Dealer said there was only one grey tank and one valve. There are two grey tanks in the 308. One for the bathroom sink and shower and another for the kitchen sink. I assumed the dealer gave us good info at the time since there was one grey tank valve in the front plumbing compartment - we must only have one tank. After being frustrated on our first trip out, I did some visual inspection and found another valve. The kitchen tank has its own valve behind the wheels, between the slides. Ours was partially open and allowed the kitchen grey water to drain making me think I had a leak. Once I found the second valve and closed it completely, the leak stopped. I hope your fix is this easy. I was fearing the worst and grumbling about having to take the rv back for repairs! Our second trip out was much more relaxing!

Jeremy

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe the issue is that the tanks are basically level so do not drain well. Also the main drain pipe where all the tanks drain into is also level so there will always be some amount of waste water laying in the tanks/drain pipe. The added gate valve will aleviate the unexpected bath when removing the drain cap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jeremy,

Thanks so much for your post! I just check, and of course I also have a second grey tank valve located behind the wheels, between the slides and it was completely open. My dealer also failed to mention this in the PDI. Thanks again for saving me an unnecessary trip to dealership!

Joel
    Joel & Barbara

2015 Reflection 308 BHTS
    2005 Ford Excursion 6.0
    Clarksville, TN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    minnow101,

I also added the twist-on valve gate that Jim suggested above for added piece of mind, works great. Thanks for the info.

Joel
    Joel & Barbara

2015 Reflection 308 BHTS
    2005 Ford Excursion 6.0
    Clarksville, TN

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2015 Reflection 313RLTS . Just purchased it and have not used it as yet. I understand from the 'chit chat' that there are 2 grey water tanks of about 35gal each. (one for the washer and the other for kitchen & bathroom sink & shower.)
    I have found only 1 grey water valve in the storage compartment water control area? I have heard that there may be another grey water valve somewhere (behind the wheels, between the slide outs? If that's true,I am totally ticked!!!) I looked under there today and could not locate another grey water valve. But I will look more closely tomorrow. Does anyone have the true story (or horror story)?? Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AlanEdie,

I have a 2015 Reflection 308BHTS and have enclosed a photo of where mine is located.

Joel

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0248.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	85.8 KB 
ID:	3301
    Joel & Barbara

2015 Reflection 308 BHTS
    2005 Ford Excursion 6.0
    Clarksville, TN

james quinn
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanEdie View Post
    I have a 2015 Reflection 313RLTS . Just purchased it and have not used it as yet. I understand from the 'chit chat' that there are 2 grey water tanks of about 35gal each. (one for the washer and the other for kitchen & bathroom sink & shower.)
    I have found only 1 grey water valve in the storage compartment water control area? I have heard that there may be another grey water valve somewhere (behind the wheels, between the slide outs? If that's true,I am totally ticked!!!) I looked under there today and could not locate another grey water valve. But I will look more closely tomorrow. Does anyone have the true story (or horror story)?? Thanks
    driver's side behind dump drain. both grey AND black tank valves side by each valve at storage compartment is for washer tank only

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast