Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very faint smell of propane in street side propane bay

I noticed that there is a really faint smell of propane in the street-side propane bay when I first open the door. That side has the two-stage regulator. A quick check with soapy water didn't reveal anything, but I'm going to check again later. I'm wondering if anyone else has run into this.

I did note that the line coming from the curb side into the regulator doesn't have any tape/sealant on it, while the other input and the output do, so I'm going to tape that just to be sure.
    Editor - www.RamGunner.com and www.MomentumGunner.com
    2014 Ram 3500 Tradesman/CTD/AISIN/4.10/4WD/CC/LB/DRW/VHF/UHF/APRS/CB/SCANNER
    B&W RVK3600 5th Wheel Hitch/Reese 30140 Gooseneck Ball/Gen-Y HDGH-604 Receiver
    2016 Momentum 385TH (Internal LAN/AV Distribution/Polaris RZR 800 EPS/CB/SCANNER/VHF/UHF/APRS and HF for World-Wide Communications)

Papa Smurf
    I know this will sound silly, but I notice the same smell when the tank is getting low on gas. When I start picking up that faint smell, I know I am about out of gas in that tank. (I always keep one tank turned off to prevent running out in both tanks.) It has always held true. with every RV I have owned. May not be your cause, but... Just this past weekend, I came around the corner of the camper and caught that faint smell. I told my wife we are about out in that tank. I doubt it will last the week.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had the same experience as Papa Smurf. When I catch that faint whiff that tank is almost out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Alan and Kathleen
    2015 Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
    2014 Ford F350 Dually (Stormtrooper)
    2012 Honda Goldwing Navi/ABS (Land Speeder)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sleepless new dad in Utah--we had the same thing when be bought ours about a year and a half ago.......dealer replaced under warranty......said there was small crack in it where the hose attached. All good both tank areas since then.

Hope new baby, mom and you are doing well.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought that might have been it as the tank was almost empty. We only used 1 tank from the 19th of June until Saturday. I filled it yesterday (both tanks now full) and I still smelled it this morning. I just removed the pigtail going to the curb side and taped the threads and re-attached it. I want to see if that fixes it as that is the only connection that wasn't taped.
    2016 Momentum 385TH (Internal LAN/AV Distribution/Polaris RZR 800 EPS/CB/SCANNER/VHF/UHF/APRS and HF for World-Wide Communications)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toes in the water View Post
    Sleepless new dad in Utah--we had the same thing when be bought ours about a year and a half ago.......dealer replaced under warranty......said there was small crack in it where the hose attached. All good both tank areas since then.

Hope new baby, mom and you are doing well.

Dan
    Aside from the sleepless part we are doing very well. She just had her two week checkup and she's doing great. She slept through most of it [emoji15]

Do you know what part they replaced? Since we are full timing, taking it to the dealer isn't really convenient.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RamG--I do not recall what it looked like previously but it is now a one piece combo tank switch control and regulator (the regulator seems larger and possibly better grade.) If you want a picture, let me know and I will get that for you.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That tells me what I wanted to know. I believe that's what we have now. I'm trying to narrow it down to that or the pigtail. It seems to be a really slow leak.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the same problem. I found a leak in the passenger side regulator. I am waiting for the part from grand design so that I can replace it.
    Antioch, California
    2014 Reflection 337.#55
    Pull Rite Super Glide Hitch
    Ford 2012 F250 6.7 Diesel Lariat CC 4X4
    Transfer Flow 50 Gal. Tank

r_dwalton
    I had a leak at a fitting on the frame below the tank. The trailer passed a leak down test when I picked it up and 2 weeks later the fitting had came loose and was leaking. The dealer that fixed it said that they have had that fitting actually cracked.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast