User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jim_de_hunter View Post
    I'm sorry. I wasn't clear. The plan is to add two 100w Renogy, mc4 panels to go along with the one I already have and pull the 165w Furrion panel that won't work well with Renogy. For about $200 all in we go from 165w to 300w and mc4 for everything on the roof.
    As noted---why not leave the Furrion and add the new Renogy panels to gain access to more solar energy? I've done the exact same thing as I noted---so have many others and it works quite well. I am getting over 500 watts from my mismatched Furrion 165 watt panel and my 400 watts of Renogy panels. It's a win-win and then you don't have to patch mounting holes in your roof and discard the panel you already paid for. I really don't see any cons for this solution.....
    40+ Year Camping Enthusiast--Living in CO
    2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4 CC-LB D-Max Payload 3865#--- 5000 Air Springs w/Wireless Comp
    2022 GD Reflection 303RLS-- 565 watts of solar/560aH of LIPO4 batteries, 2000w inverter,
    DC Starllink- Comfort Ride Shock System and Lippert Air Pin Box

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just built these myself. Easy peasy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My dealer blue dog / blue compass swore up and down that GD would never warranty this part and I would be out hundreds of dollars for their “diagnostic” time.

On a whim, I decided to message grand design anyway and see what they said. Two emails later and I sent them the same picture that I showed the dealer and grand design had the part in the mail.

Now that I’ve received it, it looks very easy to replace. Win for GD, but blue compass has surely lost this customer for life…

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jim_de_hunter View Post
    I'm sorry. I wasn't clear. The plan is to add two 100w Renogy, mc4 panels to go along with the one I already have and pull the 165w Furrion panel that won't work well with Renogy. For about $200 all in we go from 165w to 300w and mc4 for everything on the roof.
    I added a Renogy 200w panel in series to the Furrion panel.
    Just remember when in series, the lowest Imp will be your limiting factor.
    When you're running parallel, its the Vmp.

Just make sure your Voc totals don't exceed the Charge Controller's specs.

In my case the Renogy panel is in series with the Furrion (I have added MC4 connectors all around).
    The limiting case here is the Furrion's Imp, at 8.9amps...

While I should be getting 365w, I'm getting 340.
    My battery monitor confirms that i am overpanelled in peak sun. (25a Furrion MPPT)

But, it cost me $189 for the panel and about $40 for the connectors, crimpers and wire...
    2021 Transcend 261bh
    2021 Ford F-150 3.5eb

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123