User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi everyone! new here! about to purchase a momentum toy hauler!

Hi everyone, Brent sayin hi from Abbotsford, B.C. Canada!
    So my wife and I have been in the market for a new toy hauler for a while and have looked at voltage, raptor, XLR and then finally got a chance yesterday to check out the momentum m class 348 and all I can say is wow, these trailers are well above the quality of the others! Love the layout and the attention to detail in these trailers! So we actually got a price on this unit $95000 canadian dollars plus tax! so we got them down about $3600! to $91400 I know the pricing for canada is always higher because are dollar is so weak right now but still seems a bit high! What do u think?

We are also looking at a 2014 momentum 355th used but still in like new condition for $70000 with all the options! 3 tvs, 2 A/C units, auto leveling and so on but were having trouble deciding the used one seems to be a really good deal!

Great forum by the way have be reading lots of good info on here for a while!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow!! The prices you pay in Canada are high! No way around that huh??
    Allen and Sandi-Lexington, KY
    Home of fast horses and beautiful women!
    2015 Chevrolet Duramax 4 x 4 3500 HD LTZ
    2014 Solitude 369 RL-Oct. 2014
    2016 Momentum 376 TH-April 2016

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum! Tough decision, but you will be good either way.
    Scott and Jan Platt Ocala, FL
    Cameron(Son) & Chica(chihuahua)
    2014 Reflection 337RLS
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD 4X4, Crew Cab, Dually, Diesel
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We like our unit! It is very practical and comfortable...

I guess if you bought one in the states it would be offset by high cost of fees in Canada?...Good luck with your hunt and safe travels...

Regards,

AJ

2015 FORD F450 Lariat Ultimate
    2012 HD RoadGlide Ultra
    2015 GD Momentum 350M

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    YA it sucks the prices are really high on new units because every unit comes from the states so dealers have to mark them up because of the exchange rate! We decided to drive the 12 hrs to look at and hopefully buy the 2014 355th it saves us $25000 and the guy only used it for two weeks and it has been parked ever since!
    Is there anything I should look out for on this particular model?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roadkingfl View Post
    We like our unit! It is very practical and comfortable...

I guess if you bought one in the states it would be offset by high cost of fees in Canada?...Good luck with your hunt and safe travels...
    Yes by the time we pay the taxes and exchange rate it wouldnt be worth buying in the states! unless I could get a used one for 40 grand

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also does anyone know the payload capacity on this 2014 355th Im getting two different numbers one is 2380 pounds and on another website im getting 3500 pounds, Im puting a 1500 pound utv in the back so I need to know if its going to handle it? Thanks!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't reply to how much a Grand Design costs in Canada, but I can tell you what we like/don't like about our Momentum 348. We have three air conditioners and are glad, but we live in the deep south and travel with big dogs. We have the patio doors and love them. It took us a long time to decide which Momentum model to buy, but we are very satisfied with the 348. We are not TV watchers so the big entertainment centers were a waste of space for us. I am so glad we do not have a sink in our island because that is where everything that comes into the RV lands. At this time we didn't need a second bath but did need the 12 1/2 foot garage for the Great Danes. Wish we had more garage, but didn't want to go with the longer 388. We were worried about the small bathroom, but have been pleasantly surprised it's not an issue. What I can't do in the bath I can do in the kitchen sink. I was very worried about no window on the business side of the RV...water, sewer, power. Don't miss the windows on that side of our rig. I should include what I don't like about the 348 but I can't think of anything.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brentalive View Post
    Also does anyone know the payload capacity on this 2014 355th Im getting two different numbers one is 2380 pounds and on another website im getting 3500 pounds, Im puting a 1500 pound utv in the back so I need to know if its going to handle it? Thanks!
    GVWR 18,000# Dry Weight 13,800# Hitch weight 3400# Cargo cap. 3500#
    2014 355th Momentum 2015 GMC Denali Duramax DRW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beachlover View Post
    I can't reply to how much a Grand Design costs in Canada, but I can tell you what we like/don't like about our Momentum 348. We have three air conditioners and are glad, but we live in the deep south and travel with big dogs. We have the patio doors and love them. It took us a long time to decide which Momentum model to buy, but we are very satisfied with the 348. We are not TV watchers so the big entertainment centers were a waste of space for us. I am so glad we do not have a sink in our island because that is where everything that comes into the RV lands. At this time we didn't need a second bath but did need the 12 1/2 foot garage for the Great Danes. Wish we had more garage, but didn't want to go with the longer 388. We were worried about the small bathroom, but have been pleasantly surprised it's not an issue. What I can't do in the bath I can do in the kitchen sink. I was very worried about no window on the business side of the RV...water, sewer, power. Don't miss the windows on that side of our rig. I should include what I don't like about the 348 but I can't think of anything.
    Thanks for your input yes we love everything about the 348 but the price so thats the only reason were looking at the 355th! Im just worried about why on so many different payload capacitys for the same model! Im trying to get ahold of the owner so they can look at the number thats actually on the trailer just to verify!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast