Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Picking up our new 25G in Winston Salem this comng weekend

Hey all,

Glad to part of the Grand Family, Had some questions about what to watch for when picking up our RV this weekend and as expected you all didn't fall short on what to look for.

So on that note, the wife and I are gonna have to have our Long Underwear ready for the trip...

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RazenLori View Post
    Hey all,

Glad to part of the Grand Family, Had some questions about what to watch for when picking up our RV this weekend and as expected you all didn't fall short on what to look for.

So on that note, the wife and I are gonna have to have our Long Underwear ready for the trip...
    Welcome to the group! Enjoy the roadtrip

Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You can find my thread on here about water leaking into the outdoor kitchen, it is the worst issue so far that I have found. The screws that hold in the frame of the door were pretty much all snapped off and water easily got in there.

Second is the water that comes in the storage compartment door. The idiots put the roof drain right above the door so in the rain it covers the door in running water… I added a drip moulding to try to solve mine but really it needs something to prevent it.

Bascially look for water damage (peeling grey panels) near the floor in the bedroom.

Next is ensure rear ramp door is well sealed at top especially the corners or just under the rear awning, we’ve seen a few now with gaping holes where the cables for the rear awning go through and roof putty.

Make sure they do the Lippert tech bulletin for drain holes in the ramp door or do it yourself when you get home. You’ll soon find out when you drop the ramp after a good rain and water pours out the bolt holes.

Check chain at front to ensure it’s rated for the weight of the trailer, there was a recall on this.

Beisdes the water issues at the front camping side we love our trailer.

Cheers
    Tim
    2022 Momentum 25G (aka "Baby Mo")
    2020 Ram 3500 Laramie SRW | 6.7 HO Aisin | 6’4” bed | 3.73 gears | air suspension | 3694# Payload
    Blog Post: 1500 Pickup’s and Towing - The REAL numbers with example
    Blog Post: 2016-2018 Imagine 2800BH - 3500 lb Axles Tire Rubbing Issues

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RazenLori View Post
    Hey all,

Welcome to the forum, check out the pre-delivery inspection forms here on the forum. Give yourself plenty of time to check everything.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S