User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Lippert Step replacement

Has anyone replaced GD factory steps with Lippert Solid Steps. I am looking at replacing and wonder how others like them. I think the new GD units come with them.

I have a 303RLS 2020. Thanks to all.
    Last edited by Toby Payne; 12-07-2023 at 10:10 PM.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dislike them intensely. They're inconvenient to use, they transfer dirt/mud/leaves/water into the trailer when they are stowed, they have to be adjusted if the ground is a different distance from the last time they were deployed. It's necessary to make sure there is sufficient distance to deploy the steps, if there is a patio or a slope, you may not be able to get the necessary clearance without some work. If you store your trailer with little distance between the trailer and something solid, you won't be able to get into the trailer because you can't get the steps down. They are the answer to a question that was never asked.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby Payne View Post
    Has anyone replaced GD factory steps with Lippert Solid Steps. I am looking at replacing and wonder how others like them. I think the new GD units come with them.

You might consider the Torklift GlowStep Revolution. https://www.torklift.com/rv/glowstep-revolution We have a 2019 303RLS and have been very happy with these steps. They are very stable and adjust easily to unlevel ground. Pretty easy to install too.

Good luck with what ever you decide to use.

Mark
    Mark & Megan & Levi (our floppy eared four legged furry friend)
    2019 Reflection 303RLS
    2019 Chevy Silverado 3500HD Duramax
    B & W Companion

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Torklift GlowStep Revolution all the way. Here is my write up when I installed mine. Still love them. https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...l=1#post452354
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another vote for the GlowSteps, you will find several here have converted to them. If you search you will find threads on the GlowSteps and doubt you will find any that have given them a bad review.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The LCI Solid Step is identical to the MORryde Step Above steps that came on our Solitude. @Hoopy Frood makes some valid points. They are not nearly as convenient for short stops or uneven ground as the fold-down, old fashioned steps that came on our 2016 (2015 build) Reflection 337. As he also says, you end up with more dirt, etc., inside if you're not careful. That said, for longer stays they are head-and-shoulders above the steps on our Reflection. They are wide, solid, and easy for us old folks to navigate. We have installed the MORryde Safe-T-Rail for added security and couldn't be happier. Ours is a rather slanted view, though, since we are not traveling nearly as much as we used to. You may want to look into the GlowSteps as others have suggested.

Safe-T-Rail: https://www.morryde.com/products/safe-t-rail/

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just bought our 2023 Reflection in October with the fold out steps. We came from a 2022 Cougar with the solid steps (as well as our previous travel trailer). After two weekends we replaced them with solid steps.
    While the down sides are valid, they are not an issue for us. We keep our Reflection at home with plenty of room to open the steps, and we never had an issue using them when traveling on our two previous units. We have a mini blower that I use to clear off the steps before stowing them, and if they are wet, I place a towel on the floor. Plus, they are at a better angle and less steep than the folding stairs. It works for us and well worth it (for us).
    Last edited by gregrc75; 12-08-2023 at 10:34 AM.
    Greg
    2023 Reflection 295RL
    2024 GMC Sierra 2500HD

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lippert also makes a product called Solid Stance that you can add to your existing steps.

https://www.amazon.com/Lippert-Stabi...751301477&th=1

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby Payne View Post

We originally looked at them when we got our 295RL. Had the same issues as others with dirt/water/space usage/putting up-down each time etc..

We opted to keep our original outside storage folding steps and add the Lippert Solid Stance RV Step Stabilizer kit. Had to modify it a little to ensure it cleared the other steps when folding, but, now are very satisfied with our OEM step performance which no longer bounce and clunk when walking on. Cheap fix and very adjustable to ground height differences. DW and terrier approved!
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    The LCI Solid Step is identical to the MORryde Step Above steps that came on our Solitude. @Hoopy Frood makes some valid points. They are not nearly as convenient for short stops or uneven ground as the fold-down, old fashioned steps that came on our 2016 (2015 build) Reflection 337. As he also says, you end up with more dirt, etc., inside if you're not careful. That said, for longer stays they are head-and-shoulders above the steps on our Reflection. They are wide, solid, and easy for us old folks to navigate. We have installed the MORryde Safe-T-Rail for added security and couldn't be happier. Ours is a rather slanted view, though, since we are not traveling nearly as much as we used to. You may want to look into the GlowSteps as others have suggested.

Safe-T-Rail: https://www.morryde.com/products/safe-t-rail/

Rob
    Rob, when you installed the Safe-T rail on your Solitude, did it bolt right on, or did you have to modify anything (like trim pieces) to make it fit? We’re thinking about adding one to our Solitude. Thanks.
    Mike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast