User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundsailor View Post
    Looks like a good choice for someone who doesn't have the Solid Step stairs.
    We have the MORryde version of the Solid Step stairs (Step Above with strut assist) and had added the MORryde handrail that mounts on the steps. We found that it restricted the width of the entryway too much. The Safe-T-Rail leaves the path up the stairs wide open and provides a grab all the way down to ground level. We've added it to our ever-growing list of "top things we've ever done to our RV."

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hear you on the width being a factor, Rob. One amazon reviewer installed his Lippert solid step rail on the outside of the stairs to preserve that width, and add some further stability using aluminum sheets.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lippert handrail outside mt.png 
Views:	3 
Size:	770.8 KB 
ID:	49756

Name:	lippert handrail outside mt 2.png 
Views:	3 
Size:	540.4 KB 
ID:	49757

My rig does have the Camco screen door crossbar. Considering adding friction hinges to keep the door in position during the initial decent.

Name:	IMG_1350.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	96.8 KB 
ID:	49755

@Steven@147, you have the Morryde step above handrail, don't you? Has it held up well? Was the width it took up a concern?

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...light=handrail
    Last edited by BWSTGDS; 02-18-2024 at 03:31 PM.
    2001 F350 SRW CC LB Lariat 7.3, 33" Toyo AT2, Transgo, 6.0 trans cooler, exhaust brake, extended overload spring bumpstops, Bilstein 4600, Hydra/PHP, FORScan, billet 7/7 turbo wheel, Adrenaline HPOP, EBC yellow stuff brake pads
    2019 Solitude 377MBS, 5.5kW Onan, Kodiak disc brakes/Titan Brakerite actuator, EquaFlex/wetbolts, Triangle TRT01 LRG tires, Splendide W/D, Magnum Energy 3000W inverter/charger, 4-225AH-6V NPP AGM's, Winegard WiFi extender, RV airflow, Progressive Ind HW EMS, Andersen Ultimate Hitch

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BWSTGDS View Post
    I hear you on the width being a factor, Rob. One amazon reviewer installed his Lippert solid step rail on the outside of the stairs to preserve that width, and add some further stability using aluminum sheets.

[snip

@Steven@147, you have the Morryde step above handrail, don't you? Has it held up well? Was the width it took up a concern?

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...light=handrail
    Yes, I don't have any problem with it, no concern from me, has held up well over 4 years, still like new and its real sturdy, I can actually lean against it. Tami says that sometimes she gets her purse stuck between the upper hand rail and the bottom hand rail. I could drill new holes on the outside of the steps and move the hand rail to the outside, there is enough room to still fold up the steps. Makes it handy to wrap Mardi Gras lights and Christmas lights around the steps also LoL's.

Of note, All of the new RVs we went into at this years Houston show had wider steps than ours and the top step was deeper. The bottom hand rail like we have would have to be mounted on the inside of the steps because most likely there wouldn't be enough room to mount it on the outside of the steps with the new wider steps and fold inside the coach.
    Most all of them had the new hand rail you all have been talking about but I did notice they were a little weak and wobbly. I wouldn't want to lean against it with too much force. Some had what I call the upper hand rail tear drop style mounted to the side of the RV. Not like ours.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_5533.jpg  
    Last edited by Steven@147; 02-18-2024 at 04:40 PM. Reason: additional
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    We have the MORryde version of the Solid Step stairs (Step Above with strut assist) and had added the MORryde handrail that mounts on the steps. We found that it restricted the width of the entryway too much. The Safe-T-Rail leaves the path up the stairs wide open and provides a grab all the way down to ground level. We've added it to our ever-growing list of "top things we've ever done to our RV."

Rob
    Did the trim have to be cut between the skirting and fiberglass? Really want to install this to help our 7yr old on the steps

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bull84 View Post
    Did the trim have to be cut between the skirting and fiberglass? Really want to install this to help our 7yr old on the steps
    Yes - and that little trim piece is metal folded over the front and back of the metal skirting with adhesive. I used a Dremel tool with a cutting disk... wasn't too bad.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12