User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Holding tanks

Kunaman

Holding tanks

I picked up my 2016 313 TT today. I asked my sales rep to call the dealer rep for GD and ask them about the 2 grey tanks because I read on here about them draining slow. I heard him o n the phone today and told my sales person that the tanks were separate. One 35gal grey was designated just for island sink and the other grey tank is a 45 gal tank was designate for shower, bathroom an washer if equipped. They did fill all the tanks today for the PDI and walk though. All tanks drained very well. Anyone out there have any Issues of slow draining?
    Last edited by Kunaman; 09-17-2015 at 09:13 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good morning, and welcome to the Grand Design forum!

I can't speak for the travel trailers, but we have had our 323BHS 5th wheel for 1-1/2 years now and have never had any issues with slow draining tanks. Well, there was one occasion when the mother in law spent a week with us and the black water tank got plugged. I can't say for sure it was her doing, but I'm not a huge fan of coincidences.

As with most things, proper care and maintenance will go a long way to ensuring holding tanks and associated plumbing operate as designed.

Cheers!
    Al and BJ

2014 Reflection 323BHS
    573FR3820E3300501
    2020 F350 Super Duty 6.7 PowerStroke SRW
    2007 Harley-Davidson Ultra Classic

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've got a 303 and the only issue we've had is the dump station where we camped early this week , the back end of the trailer was sitting high that one gray tank and the black tank did not drain. Once we got to our next destination we went to the dump station prior to setting up camp.Everything was sitting relatively level and the black and gray tank that didn't drain before drained with no issue.
    Tommy & Elaine Thornton
    Manassas, VA
    2015 Chevy 2500HD Z-71 6.0 crew cab short bed
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kunaman,

A trick I learned from others on this forum: many of us tend to fill up one gray tank faster than the other (in our case, we like to shower, so that tank fills before the kitchen tank). Order one of these:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...rch_detailpage

Install it on your main sewer drain, leave it closed and open both gray tank valves. This way, the gray tanks will "equalize" and you'll have the full capacity before you have to dump.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

mehall1087
    If you think they are drained when you finish dumping leave the gate valves open and drive off. We have a lot of fluids left in tanks and lines. If I capped them off all that would be left in tanks and stink. Not sure why they don't drain out completely. 388M 2105 model

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

james quinn
    Quote Originally Posted by Kunaman View Post
    I picked up my 2016 313 TT today. I asked my sales rep to call the dealer rep for GD and ask them about the 2 grey tanks because I read on here about them draining slow. I heard him o n the phone today and told my sales person that the tanks were separate. One 35gal grey was designated just for island sink and the other grey tank is a 45 gal tank was designate for shower, bathroom an washer if equipped. They did fill all the tanks today for the PDI and walk though. All tanks drained very well. Anyone out there have any Issues of slow draining?
    Somebody is telling you wrong information. They are describing a fifth wheel. I have the 313 and can tell you that the washer tank is only good for the washer. Depending on your production date you will have either a single 40ish tank, two mani folded 35ish tanks, or a single 72 gallon tank that serves the rest of the trailer. I had the two manifolds ones and they did drain slow. GD pulled them and replaced with a single 72 gallon and they drain fine now. Perhaps yours came with the 72 gallon straight away; GD had to get one made up special for the 313. GD should be able to tell you what you have from the VIN#

JImQ

Kunaman
    That's what the rep was telling the sales person on the phone. I could hear him talking. I have a lever in the compartment. So what would that lever be used for? And then the gray and blk ones as well. There was a lot of water that came out when I pulled the drain valves. Maybe it is 75gal. I'm gonna call GD with my vin and see if they know what the heck I have.
    Last edited by Kunaman; 09-21-2015 at 09:38 PM.

james quinn
    Handle in compartment is for washer tank and two farther down under side are for grey for rest of trailer and black tank

james quinn
    How it works on fifth wheel is washer drain connects to grey tank for bath via a 2" pipe that slopes down. On the 313 can't be done that way because washer is level with bath tank so they had to put one specific for washer. As for the "washer if equipped ". ... ALL 313 come with washer prep ... No choice

Kunaman
    Do you know if and how o winterized washer tank. I assume there must be some water residual in there.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast