User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The_Mit_375RE

Lightbulb Winterizing Solitude antifreeze bypass?

Hi everyone,
    We have a 375RE and in a month I'm going to winterize it for first winter. I have seen videos from my dealer saying just connect a hose to water nozzle and turn dial to winterize and turn on pump and your ready to flush the lines. But... Dealier in parts told me I need the by pass valve to connect after pump and then run my antifreeze through by pass. I'm confused I'm getting two different stories from my RV place. Please advise. Do I need to locate my pump some were under a panel and put by pass valve in like he said. Or can I just get a hose connect to water line in utility box other side of hose put in antifreeze container turn dial to winterize and turn on pump inside and start to flush?

Thanks everyone. ��
    Last edited by The_Mit_375RE; 09-19-2015 at 05:19 PM.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also in Michigan so winterizing is a must every year. My first time with each of my campers I go to the dealership and pay to have it done. I took extensive notes, and with the write-up in the owner's manual, I can do it myself afterward. Hopefully you have the time to go back to your dealer, with a set appointment, and watch the process. BTW, we use General RV in Brownstown and they're very cooperative.
    Tom & Nancy
    Newport, MI
    369RL, #302

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The_Mit_375RE
    Okay Grand Design sent me owners manual since I didn't get one when we bought ours. So I see I don't need the bypass valve the service department said I did they were wrong will return it. 42 people read this and only one had feedback? I understand if I had an owners manual I would see that. Maybe I should have specified I didn't get one and i would have had answers. Oh well case solved figured I didn't need it but service guy said I sure did. Have a great week!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 42 people may be like me. This is also my first winter with my GD. I was hoping to glean some knowledge from any answers that you received. Guess I will have to pull out my owners manual..

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Mit_375RE View Post
    Hi everyone,
    We have a 375RE and in a month I'm going to winterize it for first winter. I have seen videos from my dealer saying just connect a hose to water nozzle and turn dial to winterize and turn on pump and your ready to flush the lines. But... Dealier in parts told me I need the by pass valve to connect after pump and then run my antifreeze through by pass. I'm confused I'm getting two different stories from my RV place. Please advise. Do I need to locate my pump some were under a panel and put by pass valve in like he said. Or can I just get a hose connect to water line in utility box other side of hose put in antifreeze container turn dial to winterize and turn on pump inside and start to flush?

Thanks everyone. ��
    We have 369RL. We are thinking about going full time and just looked at the 375RE here in Twin Falls, ID. Can you tell me how you are doing with the unit? We love all the windows and sliding glass door....thanks Ed

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk
    Ed and Karen Lester
    2014 Solitude 369RL #889
    2014 Ford F350 Super Crew Dually

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One tip - I was told you need to pump antifreeze into the black tank flush intake because of the check valves within that system. I bought a hand pump to be able to squirt into the black tank flush line. Really, winterizing the RV takes about a half an hour - not a bad process other than knowing you are done for the season :-)
    Jim and Cecille
    Sumner, MI
    2019 Solitude S-Class 2930RL #1098
    Used to be 2014 Reflection 337RLS #277
    2015 Chevy 2500HD Duramax 6.5' Box

The_Mit_375RE
    Edward,
    375RE is nice we loves our 2016. We have had only a couple minor issues with or trailer since picking it up in August. We are so thrilled with the purchase. We bought a new 5th wheel in July from another company and had major problems. We ended up returning it and going with GD and we love the floor plan and the company!

The_Mit_375RE
    Central you can also get a blow out valve quick connect for your black tank flush and make sure 40 PSI or lower to blow it out. I as well bought the pump from Camco to put antifreeze in but also to blow line out.

The_Mit_375RE
    Ron,
    GD called me David from service he went over the entire process with me on the phone. (really nice guy) I was correct you don't need bypass valve. But one thing David recommended was blowing out your water lines to your plumbing then running Antifreeze in it. I thought that was interesting since I am only going to run antifreeze in to push the water out. He said it just an extra safety step he recommends. Since I live in Michigan will more then likely bleed line with air then fill with antifreeze.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a reminder: Do not forget the washer lines. Easy to forget them hidden back in the closet

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast