User Tag List

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    That box is certified acceptable by LCI for our chassis.
    I thought they were. I’m gonna be super interested in what you find out next month, if you’re willing to share. We have very similar options and add ons, and are both heavy.
    Larry and JoAnna
    ‘23 Chevy 3500HD CCLB DRW High Country 6.6L Diesel, ‘22 Solitude 310GK-R, Hensley BD5
    MORRyde 8k IS, QD8000 Genny, Dual 5kVA Quattros
    Dual SOK 48V 100ah Server Rack Batts (10kWHr)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goducks14 View Post
    Northwood MFG would be another that builds their own frames. They offer full profile larger 5ers but are mostly a west coast brand like ORV. Most 5er buyers don't know much about them or ORV. Frames are built in the same place as ORV or nearbuy. It's very rare that you ever hear about frame or suspension failure with NW or ORV. If you do it's something to do with the shocks, Dexter axles or MorRyde CRE3000 equalizer.
    Just got back for the big state RV show and ORV and NW were clearly the class of the field when it came to quality with the exception of Brinkley. Brinkley's just a different animal right now. Quality wise all 3 are on par. Brinkley just offers a different level of newness if thats even a word. Every brand was represented at the show. They say 500 RV's to look at.
    You can feel the quality when you walk in an ORV or NW that you don't get with the Elkhart brands. They just feel more solid and the things like dinette cushions, doors and drawers feel better. More robust suspensions where you don't have to beef them up.
    Any of those make toy haulers?
    Donald AKA johndeerefarmer
    2020 Ford F350 Powerstroke diesel
    2017 F150 ecoboost max tow
    2016 Reflection 29RS VIN# 573FR322XG3305717

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Possibly - TBD but have some of the telltale signs of abnormal pinbox flex. Popping screws in the closet area, filon trim screws broken on one side, decal wrinkles at the drop down corners, propane and pass thru doors no longer square in their spaces. I can't explain the Goosebox pressure valve blowouts - both of which happened at 5mph. And I've asked the question if something amiss up front could have had an impact on the missing wet bolts and hanging springs and the answer was possibly. The filon screws snapped in the first 1500 miles. The closet screws have popped out multiple times since then and I'm just about out of adjustment on the closet doors which don't want to open (both have been continuing problems despite a number of door adjustments). The wrinkles are only since the last Goosebox pressure valve issue - so maybe in the last 1500 miles.

LCI and GD paid the dealership to drop the filon and take measurements. They said they did but when I got the rig back, the trim pieces had never been removed and original caulk was still in place. LCI read me the readings the dealer sent them and they were so far out that LCI assumed they didn't do the work properly. So dropping the filon is on the agenda for factory visit - possibly pulling the cap if they find any issues.

I am probably one of the heavier 310GKs around - at least up front (genset and W/D) and too light in the rear.
    I’m working over our front closet because the glued sawdust/wood grained wallpaper “board” that comprises the floor for the washer/dryer combo squeaks and the staples are coming out from the washer shaking. With the washer and dryer out, that floor comes up very easily and you get a free look at the main beam where the pin box attaches.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2084.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	49973
    Larry and JoAnna
    ‘23 Chevy 3500HD CCLB DRW High Country 6.6L Diesel, ‘22 Solitude 310GK-R, Hensley BD5
    MORRyde 8k IS, QD8000 Genny, Dual 5kVA Quattros
    Dual SOK 48V 100ah Server Rack Batts (10kWHr)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LMagelitz View Post
    I thought they were. I’m gonna be super interested in what you find out next month, if you’re willing to share. We have very similar options and add ons, and are both heavy.
    I'll share what they allow me to share. There might be an NDA that I have to sign. I'm making the trip without DW so I can spend the entire day(s) at the shop documenting and not leave her sitting at a hotel or cabin. If they have to pull the cap, they may have it for 2-3 weeks I've been told. They are also looking hard at the suspension and electrical wiring above the ceiling. I have a list and some asks but the reason for the factory service is frame flex. We'll see.

EDIT: IF they find little or no frame flex and I'm comfortable with the repairs (like re-welding and no box damage) AND they find any suspension components compromised again, I'll hop over to MORryde and make an appointment.
    Last edited by ajg617; 03-10-2024 at 05:52 PM.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johndeerefarmer View Post
    Any of those make toy haulers?
    Yes but not 5th wheel toy haulers.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a Positive Video for Grand Design on frame flex. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iG42wh5YopI

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by robmcqueen View Post
    This is a Positive Video for Grand Design on frame flex. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iG42wh5YopI
    I about got sea sick watching the video and I dont get motion sickness! they need to work on keeping their videos steady and less panning around so fast. Stopped the video and ffwd to what they got then stopped the video. But do like the choice!!
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LMagelitz View Post
    Been pestering Lippert and received the attached earlier this week.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lippert approved pinboxes.pdf 
Views:	51 
Size:	129.6 KB 
ID:	50337
    Robin & John
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    What is your pin weight?

I saw in one of JD's videos where each frame has a max pin weight rating. I never thought of that. Have no idea what mine is. But made a mental note to call Lippert and ask for that weight for my chassis' VIN.
    I've been pestering Lippert about the max pin weight rating after reading your post. Engineering response from LCI yesterday (phone call) is max pin weight for a chassis is 25% of the RV GVWR though they are built to exceed that number. So for the 310GK at 15K GVWR, it would be 3750lbs and at the 18K GVWR would be 4,000lbs keeping in mind that it is the same physical chassis but an upgraded suspension only. Be interested to see if you confirm or find something different.

One of the other interesting items they told me was that the 1621 chassis is not exclusively used by Grand Design. Found that comment interesting since it implies that LCI may design frames to address multiple RV manufacturers requirements.
    Robin & John

2023 stays

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and at the 18K GVWR would be 4,000lbs
    4500 pounds
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast