User Tag List

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johndeerefarmer View Post
    The post said that forum users had asked to have their posts removed so GD would service their RV. Are you saying that she didn't remove those posts even though the forum user (not GD) asked to have them removed? Thanks
    We'd have to ask Marcy. In general, we'll comply with an OP's request to remove a post.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This business of frame flex has garnered its fair share of attention. Rightfully so I suppose for those who have experienced it. After all the brew-haha I think I need to temper my response/feelings about it all.

The problem certainly exists. But taking to YouTube and other social media formats (Instagram, FB, Tic-Toc) to rant still does not sit right with me. Taking to these medial apps to report what happened, how it occurred, what one's experience with it, stating the facts and moving on, however, is acceptable to me. I doubt anyone who ranted at any manufacture would certainly effect a manufacturers attitude toward that person/company.

Seems to me it is only certain floor plans and/or lengths of trailers experiencing the problem. I suppose manufacturers, whether publicly acknowledging it or not, are learning their limits. I wonder if sometimes a longer floor plan is just and extension of an existing frame without an increase in the weight carrying capacity of that frame (thicker steel for example); and I wonder if that isn't a contributing factor.

For sure, for me, a big contributing factor to all of this as well as a host of other common, reoccurring issues, it the relentless focus by the RV industry to produce more-and-more, faster-and-faster, and with less-and-less quality control. Until that madness ends I am sure we have not seen the end of failures that are easily prevented through a vigorous control programs. And don't confuse quality control with PDI - 2 TOTALLY different things.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    This business of frame flex has garnered its fair share of attention. Rightfully so I suppose for those who have experienced it. After all the brew-haha I think I need to temper my response/feelings about it all.

The problem certainly exists. But taking to YouTube and other social media formats (Instagram, FB, Tic-Toc) to rant still does not sit right with me. Taking to these medial apps to report what happened, how it occurred, what one's experience with it, stating the facts and moving on, however, is acceptable to me. I doubt anyone who ranted at any manufacture would certainly effect a manufacturers attitude toward that person/company.

Seems to me it is only certain floor plans and/or lengths of trailers experiencing the problem. I suppose manufacturers, whether publicly acknowledging it or not, are learning their limits. I wonder if sometimes a longer floor plan is just and extension of an existing frame without an increase in the weight carrying capacity of that frame (thicker steel for example); and I wonder if that isn't a contributing factor.

For sure, for me, a big contributing factor to all of this as well as a host of other common, reoccurring issues, it the relentless focus by the RV industry to produce more-and-more, faster-and-faster, and with less-and-less quality control. Until that madness ends I am sure we have not seen the end of failures that are easily prevented through a vigorous control programs. And don't confuse quality control with PDI - 2 TOTALLY different things.
    Unfortunately the Youtube mentality is what we are stuck with. I do my best not to watch those type of videos.
    Donald AKA johndeerefarmer
    2020 Ford F350 Powerstroke diesel
    2017 F150 ecoboost max tow
    2016 Reflection 29RS VIN# 573FR322XG3305717

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johndeerefarmer View Post
    Unfortunately the Youtube mentality is what we are stuck with. I do my best not to watch those type of videos.
    And now JD is on a personal crusade to have one 380FL repaired (not in his videos but in the comment section) while hearting another comment to have ALL Momentums and Solitudes immediately recalled. Pathetic.

One of the reasons we chose our floor plan was because it's been around for a long time, was still being produced during COVID, and from our investigation had as good a reputation as we could find. Did I expect to find any evidence of abnormal flex on mine? No. Did I? Yes. Is that conclusive? No. Appointment in Elkhart next month.
    Last edited by ajg617; 03-10-2024 at 11:12 AM.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    It's already on GD's website. https://www.granddesignrv.com/frames

But JD is throwing a heart at a comment that all Momentums and Solitudes should be immediately recalled. Any respect I had for his channel just disappeared.
    What is wrong with a recall to inspect for damage ? I do think used value of these trailers even if they do not have any issues is going to drop a lot. People are scared of having a problem with one. To save its customer base I think GD needs to step up and assure people that if there is a problem they will take care of it. Invest some money now into the issue to to keep your customers and reputation. It will pay off in the long run. Fyi i do not have a dog in this fight just following this issue with a open mind.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by robmcqueen View Post
    Big Truck Big RV has a video coming out tonight at 7pm eastern time. the title is RV FRAME FLEX! GRAND DESIGN finally RESPONSES! Here is a link to it
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YX7qllJzWpQ
    JD shows his RV again in that video, and thinking back to his Lippert interviews, that Reese pin box has a really long lever arm on the front beam…
    Larry and JoAnna
    ‘23 Chevy 3500HD CCLB DRW High Country 6.6L Diesel, ‘22 Solitude 310GK-R, Hensley BD5
    MORRyde 8k IS, QD8000 Genny, Dual 5kVA Quattros
    Dual SOK 48V 100ah Server Rack Batts (10kWHr)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LMagelitz View Post
    JD shows his RV again in that video, and thinking back to his Lippert interviews, that Reese pin box has a really long lever arm on the front beam…
    Yes and we have the same which is why I brought the subject up to the factory as we've now blown out two relief valves. That box is certified acceptable by LCI for our chassis.
    Robin & John
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by robmcqueen View Post
    What is wrong with a recall to inspect for damage ? I do think used value of these trailers even if they do not have any issues is going to drop a lot. People are scared of having a problem with one. To save its customer base I think GD needs to step up and assure people that if there is a problem they will take care of it. Invest some money now into the issue to to keep your customers and reputation. It will pay off in the long run. Fyi i do not have a dog in this fight just following this issue with a open mind.
    Agreed! Time to re-focus on customer satisfaction and quality over quantity.
    Larry KE4DMG

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    Yes and we have the same which is why I brought the subject up to the factory as we've now blown out two relief valves. That box is certified acceptable by LCI for our chassis.
    What is your pin weight?

I saw in one of JD's videos where each frame has a max pin weight rating. I never thought of that. Have no idea what mine is. But made a mental note to call Lippert and ask for that weight for my chassis' VIN.
    Larry KE4DMG

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    What is your pin weight?

I saw in one of JD's videos where each frame has a max pin weight rating. I never thought of that. Have no idea what mine is. But made a mental note to call Lippert and ask for that weight for my chassis' VIN.
    Loaded pin weights before each trip were 3180 last season; 3140, 3180, and 3200 the season before. Pin weight on day of delivery was 2860 (with propane and W/D installed). Pin weight from factory was 2632. We both have 1621 frames?
    Last edited by ajg617; 03-10-2024 at 12:22 PM.
    Robin & John

2023 stays

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast