User Tag List

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorvald View Post
    Yes JD did some good but "sanitized" videos, he is getting "torn apart" on other forums and channels about these as they don't point out the terrible welds, leaving welding stick in the welds and then painting over them (no one wire brushed the welds), etc.

Honestly it's all piece workers, they make things as FAST as possible in a form that the customer will accept (meaning the RV Manufacturer).

We're on our fourth RV, we know 100% they are total junk and will fail 100 different ways. However we try our hardest to keep up with the maintenance and avoid anything that could damage them (like leaving them outside in the Winter... crazy that people do that).

---

Still nice to see that Lippert is not hiding their head in the sand but also not willing to address the "speed and price over quality" issue. It'll never change until a manufacturer tells them to spend a few more hours cleaning, prepping, welding, etc each frame.

Just go watch some of the older Jayco videos... someone them have workers "running" beside the roof nailing it down while running...crazy.

https://youtu.be/aLHux4SuXbY?si=2DeIQPnCXGbbK_Mm

---

It's just nature of the beast.
    Yeah I got the same vibe when I watched them too. It boils down to a blame game. Lippert messed up, RV manufacture messed up or the owner messed up. Whats new.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't expect 'ole JD to point any fingers at Lippert or the RV manufacturers. He ain't gonna do anything to jeopardize the continual UPS/FEDEX deliveries of free crap manufacturers send him. Any criticism about any manufacturer will certainly curtail that gravy train and put his YT channel income in jeopardy. I stopped watching that shill years ago as it was quite evident what he was about.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like JD & Bug Truck Big RV. I have liked him for a long time.

Sometimes he drones on-and-on too often giving people/things is reviewing the answers to his own questions. Oh well.. no one is perfect. But his reviews are mostly fair IMO. I've seen him not recommend free stuff sent to him.

If you listen closely to his "reviews" they are more like interviews. He lets his viewers make up their minds a lot of time. And sometimes they agree and also disagree. I think he did that with Lippert. He did something all these frame flex whiners and fan-flamers didn't do - he went to the source, let the manufacture talk about their product, their engineering, their relationship with manufactures, and gave a tour. That's a lot more than those whiners and complainers about frame flex did and others who try to find things wrong with their frames like the condition of welds, etc.

Frame Flex is the new KoolAid folks are drinking on social media. Whether it poisons them or not - they are drinking it up and making a lot of YouTubers lots of money and providing lots of viewership; that's what YouTubers are about - money and viewership. It's up to the viewers to decide what is right, what is wrong, what is hype, and what is out there just to amp-up a YouTube channel.

Probably if folks worked closer with their suppliers and manufactures and sucked-it-up when things don't go their way (likely through no one's fault but themselves), we wouldn't be having this discussion. Probably - but no likely in this day and age of "social media is the gospel".

I'm not saying JD is a saint, and I'mm not saying there aren't manufacturing issues, but I think a lot of folks like making mountains out of molehills.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have my own opinion on these YT'bers who endlessly and shamelessly promote their channels(usually on the plethora of FB Grand Design pages). However having said that, the videos I've seen, these folks are actual victims of the frame flex issues and not just parroting other channels(Paving New Paths, The Roving Vets and My Bucket List Day are just three examples with busted frames).
    I guess its only Koolaid if its not your $100,000 rig with busted welds.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minnow101 View Post
    I have my own opinion on these YT'bers who endlessly and shamelessly promote their channels(usually on the plethora of FB Grand Design pages). However having said that, the videos I've seen, these folks are actual victims of the frame flex issues and not just parroting other channels(Paving New Paths, The Roving Vets and My Bucket List Day are just three examples with busted frames).
    I guess its only Koolaid if its not your $100,000 rig with busted welds.
    gulp......

I had a frame-flex issue. I contacted Lippert and all was resolved without resorting to carrying on about it ad-nauseum on FB, YouTube, Tic-Toc, Instagram, etc.. I did post about it here to advise others what to look for.

I thought I had some caveats to allow for those with actual problems..... "... it's up to the viewers to decide what is right, what is wrong, what is hype, and what is out there just to amp-up a YouTube channel...." "...probably if folks worked closer with their suppliers and manufactures and sucked-it-up when things don't go their way..."

I've seen the 3 references..... one whines about "...jumping through hoops...(y'all)..."; one used an unsubstantiated claim that "...he heard..." that 60% of trailers have busted frames, and he graded welding but did provide his credentials for grading welds and never mentioned anything about contacting manufacturers (or I missed it); and one presented a factual report of what to look for, what he experienced, etc. which I considered helpful.

So - "...it's up to the viewers to decide what is right, what is wrong, what is hype...".
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guess JD was feeling the heat a bit - posted a 50 minute follow-up on his LCI interview on frame flex series addressing comments from his last video about 24 hours ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VWaS4kgVgo
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by robmcqueen View Post
    This was the 1st time I ever watched one of there videos. I was just curious what people thought and I am not saying they are right or wrong. Just curious about the issue.
    My first fifth wheel was a 93 Jayco. I have been hearing of frame flex questions ever since I've been a trailer owner. From all manufacturers. The frames were Lippert and one other manufacturer but I can't remember the name. But...there have always been some issues.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    gulp......

I had a frame-flex issue. I contacted Lippert and all was resolved without resorting to carrying on about it ad-nauseum on FB, YouTube, Tic-Toc, Instagram, etc..
    They do it strictly for money.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is a Video of just a normal guy (not a big You tuber) Check it out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRtpft02_lc

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RV FRAME FLEX! GRAND DESIGN finally RESPONSES!

Big Truck Big RV has a video coming out tonight at 7pm eastern time. the title is RV FRAME FLEX! GRAND DESIGN finally RESPONSES! Here is a link to it
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YX7qllJzWpQ

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast