User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

auto slide hitches

Hello All, I just purchased a brand new Solitude 380FL, my tow vehicle is a 2024 chevy Silverado 3500 SWR, I have a 25k B&W non slider and have 5th wheel/truck cab clearance issues. I'm looking at getting an auto slider. Any suggestions? forgot to mention truck has 6'-6" box
    Last edited by Dave N; 02-03-2024 at 08:30 AM.

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thread moved to Fifth Wheel Hitching Topics.

The B&W auto-slider is very popular with forum members... it is also very heavy.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love my Pullrite.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bungy View Post
    I love my Pullrite.
    I heard they were good, what tow vehicle are you using with which trailer?

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave N View Post
    I heard they were good, what tow vehicle are you using with which trailer?
    SB Dodge w/ Solitude 373

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello All, I just purchased a brand new Solitude 380FL, my tow vehicle is a 2024 chevy Silverado 3500 SWR, I have a 25k B&W non slider and have 5th wheel/truck cab clearance issues. I'm looking at getting an auto slider. Any suggestions? forgot to mention truck has 6'-6" box
    With a SRW truck and the Solitude 380FL you are going to be way over your payload if you go with a slider hitch, may already be. I am surprised that with the adjustment on the B&W (Companion) that you are having clearance issues. Maybe you don't have the Companion. I used the B&W Companion and adjusted so that it is 7" back and never had an issue. Even went to 5" back adjustment and still didn't have an issue in my RAM 3500. Now that I have the factory puck system I went with the Curt Crosswing. It gives 9" of offset from connection points for more turning clearance which is in the range of a slider hitch. It is under 100 lbs so give payload back and does not void the frame warranty from Lippert since Curt is a Lippert Company. The only thing you need to be aware of is that Morryde recommends changing the skid plate on you pin box out for the heavy duty RPB77-006 which I had to do. I have lots of clearance now. Not sure if I can turn a full 90 degrees but have gotten into many tight campsites without and issues.

PM me if you need any additonal info as I have had discussions with both Curt and Morryde with the combination and I think you will find it fixes your clearance issues and will help with payload on your SRW.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 23 F250 SB 4x4 CREW and Demco 18k Autoslider (also comes in a 21k version). The Demco's base has 3 height adjustments. We used the lowest setting which works both for our Retrax bed cover and pinbox-to-bed clearances.

Features I like: Its a true auto-slider meaning one doesnt have to exit the vehicle to set it in/out slide operation. Easy to work on and keep lubed. Fairly easy to engage the king pin even at a "slight" angle to the pinbox. Its operation is quiet and smooth.

It is a well-built heavy hitch and removal (fully assembled) will likely take 2 people to do. Had it for a year now and it has worked flawlessly. Would recommend if needing a "auto-slider" in a short bed truck.
    Last edited by trailrydr; 02-04-2024 at 06:42 AM.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calbar View Post
    With a SRW truck and the Solitude 380FL you are going to be way over your payload if you go with a slider hitch, may already be. I am surprised that with the adjustment on the B&W (Companion) that you are having clearance issues. Maybe you don't have the Companion. I used the B&W Companion and adjusted so that it is 7" back and never had an issue. Even went to 5" back adjustment and still didn't have an issue in my RAM 3500. Now that I have the factory puck system I went with the Curt Crosswing. It gives 9" of offset from connection points for more turning clearance which is in the range of a slider hitch. It is under 100 lbs so give payload back and does not void the frame warranty from Lippert since Curt is a Lippert Company. The only thing you need to be aware of is that Morryde recommends changing the skid plate on you pin box out for the heavy duty RPB77-006 which I had to do. I have lots of clearance now. Not sure if I can turn a full 90 degrees but have gotten into many tight campsites without and issues.

PM me if you need any additonal info as I have had discussions with both Curt and Morryde with the combination and I think you will find it fixes your clearance issues and will help with payload on your SRW.

Rob
    I have the B&W 25k for OEM puck system which only allows for 2" of rearward adjustment, also I have a payload 4275, and 21800 5th wheel/gooseneck towing, I'm hoping that's enough.

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the B&W 25k for OEM puck system which only allows for 2" of rearward adjustment, also I have a payload 4275, and 21800 5th wheel/gooseneck towing, I'm hoping that's enough.
    A loaded fifth wheel typically puts around 23% of it's loaded weight (we'll use the 18,000 lbs. GVWR here) on the pin. In the case of the 380FL, that would be 4,140 lbs. Add in the weight of a hitch, passengers, gear, etc., and you'll be over your payload. It's not about towing capacity with fifth wheels - it's about payload.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have the OEM puck system in you GMC then you can get 7" of extra clearance over your B&W with the Crosswing and mount it using the gooseneck ball. That should give you more than enough clearance. On my Ram my box is sorter than you GMC and my gooseneck ball is 2" in front of my axle and I have enough clearance with my 378MBS and I am not carrying the extra 2-300 lbs of a slider hitch. It also helps with clearance to the tailgate when I open my front compartment. As @Second Chance said even with your payload rating you will be very close of overweight as that's the first thing to be over. I am at or just over my 3840 payload and I pack light and use a 100 lb hitch. Your payload will need all the help you can give it and a slider is not going to help with that, just make it worse.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast