Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Adding a fireplace

Hello all
    Question for the group. We are new owners of a 2024 Imagine 2600rb. Camper has 50 amp service. I want to buy a stand alone electric fireplace/heater to put into camper positioned near bathroom door.
    It would be secured during travel. My question is. Can i plug this into the outlet that powers my manuel recliners with heat & massage. Fireplace pulls 12.5 amps 1500watts 120volts.
    I'm hoping that there is an open outlet back there. Otherwise next outlet i see is in the bathroom.
    Any advice is appreciated.
    Sunchaser

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    1. Check the numbers on the circuit breakers in your power panel. Likely most will be "15", meaning 15 amp for that circuit.
    2. Your heater is pretty close to the max for a 15 amp circuit. (Always good to be slightly under the max, in these cases).

It may work fine, IF nothing else is also plugged in or connected to that circuit. To confirm, turn off the breaker, and go through all outlets and 120v devices, to determine what no longer works. You may want to put child-proof safety caps on all the other outlets that use that same circuit, to avoid accidentally plugging something in that overloads it.

As far as the recliners - if lucky, you got a manual that may list the power needs for them. But probably not. If they use a plug in box (mine do) the box will have the input current they use, listed. If it is very small, add the amount to what the heater uses - although that may push you uncomfortably close to the limit of the circuit.
    Or - unplug the recliners, and just don't use the heat and massage....
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thread moved to Electrical Systems and Wiring.

We use two portable heaters (smaller than an electric fireplace and put out the same heat) in our rig. We move one between the bedroom and bathroom as needed and one stays in the living room to supplement the built-in fireplace during the day. One is a 1,400 watt heater with settings for 700/1,400 watts and the other is a 1,500 wat heater with settings for 750/1,500 watts. We have had no issues with overloading the circuits that they are on.

Keep in mind that, when the outside temp is below freezing, you must never run the electric heater to the point that your main LP furnace does not cycle. It's the only thing that keeps your plumbing and water systems from freezing.

Finally, you can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question - and others won't have to ask. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Note: you'll need to have a paid subscription to add an image to your signature.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SUNCHASER View Post
    Hello all
    Question for the group. We are new owners of a 2024 Imagine 2600rb. Camper has 50 amp service. I want to buy a stand alone electric fireplace/heater to put into camper positioned near bathroom door.
    It would be secured during travel. My question is. Can i plug this into the outlet that powers my manuel recliners with heat & massage. Fireplace pulls 12.5 amps 1500watts 120volts.
    I'm hoping that there is an open outlet back there. Otherwise next outlet i see is in the bathroom.
    Any advice is appreciated.
    Sunchaser
    Not a fireplace, but, If your just looking for heat and also want something that can be mounted close or on to a wall you might look at the attached. We installed one on our living room slide out wall near an AC outlet and it does a fair job heating up our trailer. Also has an adjustable thermostat and IR remote for operation. The manufacturer also offers a BT version.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...e?ie=UTF8&th=1
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We actually installed a little Cadet heater, like the ones used in bathrooms of homes. Temps above freezing, just want to take the chill off, don't want to listen to the blower fan and we already paid for electricity at the site.
    Wanted a fire place, but not an option and not really a good place to put it in a 23lde.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Thread moved to Electrical Systems and Wiring.

We use two portable heaters (smaller than an electric fireplace and put out the same heat) in our rig. We move one between the bedroom and bathroom as needed and one stays in the living room to supplement the built-in fireplace during the day. One is a 1,400 watt heater with settings for 700/1,400 watts and the other is a 1,500 wat heater with settings for 750/1,500 watts. We have had no issues with overloading the circuits that they are on.

Keep in mind that, when the outside temp is below freezing, you must never run the electric heater to the point that your main LP furnace does not cycle. It's the only thing that keeps your plumbing and water systems from freezing.

Finally, you can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question - and others won't have to ask. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Note: you'll need to have a paid subscription to add an image to your signature.

Rob
    Thank you for all the good advice
    SUNCHASER
    2024 IMAGINE 2600RB
    SALEM NEW HAMPSHIRE

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank You everyone for your suggestions & input.
    SUNCHASER
    2024 IMAGINE 2600RB
    SALEM NEW HAMPSHIRE

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It should be fine, but I would unplug the recliners and not use the heat feature on them.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As mentioned above, if there is a dedicated breaker for the Recliners that will tell you if it can support the current noted. Our 1500W space heater runs just fine on the breaker behind the recliner.

It has been my experience with SOB trailers that the living space outlets are all tied to a single 15A breaker. (built in fire place on its own breaker, Microwave on its own breaker).

The problem I have seen is when the coffee is just about finished brewing and the space heater is running high (plugged in behind recliners or anywhere else in the living room) the living room breaker blows.

In order to get around this I just shut the space heater off until the coffee brew cycle is complete then turn it back on (apparently Mr. Coffee uses the max current in final minute of brewing).

BTW, WM/Sams sell the LASKO brand of upright slender heaters that work very well in tight spaces. We just throw them on the bed while traveling then pull them out once parked.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2018 2600RB and bought a Duraflame stand alone fireplace, positioned where you mention, next to bathroom door. We have an outlet behind the theater chairs that i use a power strip on one of the outlets and plug the fireplace and one chair into and isntucked in on left side of chairs. Easy access to plug to remove to store fireplace during transit. Only used heat on low setting and sometimes, fireplace is mostly just for looks on non heat setting since rv heater works well so have not had any issues with load. Ill check if all our 110v outlets are on same 15 amp breaker, i could see an issue running with coffee pot brewing if so.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast