User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    mgsemperfi

California GD dealers

I live in the Central Valley CA.
    I have two dealers within about 100 miles, Happy Daze in Sacramento and Paul Evert's in Fresno.
    Have any of you fine people had any dealings with these two....
    Sac is close by far (40 mi.) Fresno about 120. But I don't mind driving further if one is better than the other.
    Thanks in advance for any reply's.

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Do yourself a favor and check them both out on Yelp.com. Both of them have some pretty horrid reviews. Happy Daze scores a little higher because many of their negative reviews are based upon their rental business. But they still have quite a few "1" reviews based on the sales/service experience. Paul Evert has terrible reviews across the board.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a perfectly fine sales and warranty service experience with Paul Evert RV here in WA. After looking at the reviews and forum comments, I may be the only one!

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dealt with Fresno dealership a few years ago and they wouldn't give me the time of day, I bought a trailer elsewhere that same day.

A couple weeks ago we stopped by there to see all the Grand Designs they had so we could see the new models (I love my 2015 385 - just curious) they were falling over them selves to "help" us. They were all very nice but not very knowledgeable.

If you want to go a little (maybe a lot) further you could go to Trailer Hitch RV on the Coast in Nipomo near Pismo. We bought ours there and know several others that bought from them. All good experiences but luckily haven't had to "try out" their service yet.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bought our 303 from Paul evert Fresno.
    Worked with John & Gary, great guys to deal with.
    We walked in with a good price from an out of state dealer and they matched it.
    They gave us a year membership in thousand trails and 5 free weeks at pollock pines near Tahoe.
    Unfortunately service dept is another story.
    They offer a free 90 day day checkup so we took it in to have a few minor issues fixed.
    Couldn't fix the issues in three weeks but were eager to sell us slide covers.
    we said adios and took it to Pensingers, who we highly recommend, and they promptly fixed our issues.

Good luck,

John
    John, Susan & Luke
    2015 Reflection 303 RLS #867
    Bakersfield, CA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Capt Jim. I too bought from Paul Evert's and was great. Sales guy Chris Theodore was brilliant, PDI was great.
    2015 RAM 3500 Crew Cab Laramie Diesel
    2016 375RE
    Pullrite 2900 Superglide hitch
    Wife and program director, Nancy
    2 Labradors, Abby and Willow

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I purchased from Sacramento. For me the primary driver was my ease of the transaction the closer the better even after reading reviews. Nipomo was a fleeting thought, good reviews, I was hearing good pricing however 4 1/2 hours away and where would I get it serviced.

The sales people only deal with you until you sign docs. If you get the price you are happy with your done with them.

From a service perspective my hope is to deal with service at a max twice to limit frustrations. Our prior 14 year old trailer only saw a dealer once. If this holds to for the Reflection price is the most important.

So far not impressed. The issues are typical to sub standard industry practices. Lack of follow through with weeks sitting on the lot and that was with me stopping by 3 Friday's in a row. I hear the right answers looking for results. In this area I am not sure one is above the other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The mountains are calling and I must go" John Muir

Chuck
    2015 Reflection 303 RLS
    2005 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    Elk Grove, Ca

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...psotab2qdx.jpg

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We purchased our 2014 303rls at Happy Daze RV in Sacramento. Very easy transaction, but never delt with service dept. All my service work as been done at Geweke Collision Center and RV in Lodi Ca. They took care of the notorious grease seal problem.
    Steve and Connie Mitchell
    Lodi, California
    2020 Solitude S Class 2930RL
    2017 Ram 3500 Crew Cab SRW Cummins
    Andersen Ultimate 5th Wheel Hitch

Site Sponsor
    Kerrville, TX RV parks through April 2020
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keep checking for permanence of fix! Please share the details of their fix!
    AKA Steve and Lynne
    Storm the Black Lab
    Reflection 337 RLS vin 573FR3628E3300393
    2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab Longbox
    6.7 Cummins, 68 RFE transmission
    B and W Companion, Air Lifts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bought my 303 at Trailer Hitch RV in Nipomo..... Great price easy to deal with and put us up for 3 nights at Pismo Village RV Park.......to check everything out. We drove down from Truckee....... Was worth it after dealing with Reno and Sac dealerships initially. Have my service done at Affordable RV Rental/Repair in Newcastle. Just picked up my trailer today after having disc brakes put on, new seals and grease and warranty some minor warranty work.....great guys to work with!
    Brian and Paula- Truckee, CA
    2015 Reflection 303
    2017 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7L Cummings Turbo, Aisin HD Transmission
    B&W Companion Slider, Firestone Air Bags, Compressor with wireless remote

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast