User Tag List

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calbar View Post
    Sorry to hear about your issues. Unfortunately I think all the RVs that come out of Indiana these days have the same quality issues and are a far cry from your 2002 Holiday Rambler. I have had some issues as well in the first year of ownership but hopefully that will be it for stuff that I can't fix myself. Poor state of the industry in Elkhart for sure. There is no quality control just luck of the draw on how your unit was slapped together. So far we have been lucky and hope remains that way. I would buy again mainly because of all the RVs that we looked at GD had the best slapped together as fast as you can "quality" that we saw on the lot.

Some may start to think that hotels, Airbnbs, cabins and even tents might be a more viable form of accomodations using the best of the worse scenario.... LOL!

One of the best, sadest but truest, trailer advice ever given - If you cant live with it, or fix it, dont buy it.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love the 337rls floor plan. Not really sure if I old buy another. Just watched a video from Jared of "All about rv's" and his front wall was held on with 2 lags. Spots for 5 but cutting corners where it is not seen leaves one not feeling great about the product.

Really on the fence. I am full time and I am getting tired of tweaking and fixing or making better.
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trailrydr View Post
    Some may start to think that hotels, Airbnbs, cabins and even tents might be a more viable form of accomodations using the best of the worse scenario.... LOL!

One of the best, sadest but truest, trailer advice ever given - If you cant live with it, or fix it, dont buy it.
    I wonder the same thing myself for the amount of money we spent on ours. Been to some pretty awful accommodations though even that were highly rated so right now I still prefer living with it or fixing it as long as it is something I can do either for.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jims94vmx View Post
    I love the 337rls floor plan. Not really sure if I old buy another. Just watched a video from Jared of "All about rv's" and his front wall was held on with 2 lags. Spots for 5 but cutting corners where it is not seen leaves one not feeling great about the product.

Really on the fence. I am full time and I am getting tired of tweaking and fixing or making better.
    Yes seems like it's push them out as fast as you can and it you miss much of the hardware holding them together, hopefully it will be campground queen so nobody notices.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote of the year. So so true.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had several RV fiver brands over the years and totally prefer GD the best so far. Love the floor plan of the 303RLS and the quality and workmanship. I would totally buy it again. No major problems at all with it so far. I have encouraged several other friends of mine to also buy GD.
    40+ Year Camping Enthusiast--Living in CO
    2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4 CC-LB D-Max Payload 3865#--- 5000 Air Springs w/Wireless Comp
    2022 GD Reflection 303RLS-- 565 watts of solar/560aH of LIPO4 batteries, 2000w inverter,
    DC Starllink- Comfort Ride Shock System and Lippert Air Pin Box

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @trailrydr I liked the quote but the price tag doesn't fit it. Btw...I've done all the repairs myself so far. I would be broke if I couldn't
    2019 Solitude S-Class 2930RL
    2017 Ford F-250 6.2L

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I traveled for decades staying in hotels and motels for business. My kids experiences with Airbnbs has been - let's just say I wouldn't go that route. We had a summer cabin in Western Mass that was handed down from my great-grandparents. The work that went into that just to open it up in the summer was days and a lot of effort. Did tents with the scouts for years. If you think an RV is bad, try a wooden boat - our first year round home in NJ. NOT for the faint of heart. RVs don't sink at least (mostly).
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bricknhank View Post
    We have a 2023 270BN. We love the layout but the pin weight is just so light that we get a fair amount of chucking/bouncing. There is no way possible to get close to the 20% sweet spot. We can never get above 12%. This year we are going to add ballast under the bed to see if that helps with the weight ratio and chucking. Hopefully your experience will be better. Best of luck 👍🏻
    Wow. Looks like you would have to add almost 800lbs to the factory pin weight to get to 20%. That is almost unheard off. Most people are trying to keep their pin weight down. What type of hitch are you using with it?
    2019 29rs
    2007 Ram diesel, 4x4 long bed
    CDL with tanker, hazmat, emergency vehicle, and bus endorsements

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lorend View Post
    Wow. Looks like you would have to add almost 800lbs to the factory pin weight to get to 20%. That is almost unheard off. Most people are trying to keep their pin weight down. What type of hitch are you using with it?
    We have the opposite problem - everything is on the pin - there is zero storage behind the RV axles. They don't include the W/D, Genset, batteries, propane and anything in the closet, under the bed, or in the pass thru. When full and with nothing under the bed and only clothes in the closet, we add 700lbs to pin weight. The GVWR with 7k suspension is 15K. We have the 8K suspension and an 18K GVWR. If I use the 15K, I'm at 21%. If I use the 18K I'm at 17%. It's just a number. It's the same chassis and frame. I would not be close to 21% at 18K - I'd bust my payload on the truck.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast