User Tag List

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Propane Tank straps

The straps that hold the propane tanks in place are tight - too tight to close without alot of cussing. Decided to move one of the mounting screws on each strap about an inch inward to allow more slack. Some folks have used an existing screw location and the unused center screw hole with success, but I found the straps to be slightly too loose when I did this.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	propane strap 2.png 
Views:	12 
Size:	514.0 KB 
ID:	49795

Had to be careful to avoid hitting wiring behind the panel these straps are screwed to.

Name:	propane strap.png 
Views:	13 
Size:	945.4 KB 
ID:	49796

Much easier to secure, and still stable. Shower curtain rings hold the latches, though they over-center pretty well.

Name:	IMG_1379.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	95.9 KB 
ID:	49794
    Last edited by BWSTGDS; 02-22-2024 at 05:49 PM.
    2001 F350 SRW CC LB Lariat 7.3, 33" Toyo AT2, Transgo, 6.0 trans cooler, exhaust brake, extended overload spring bumpstops, Bilstein 4600, Hydra/PHP, FORScan, billet 7/7 turbo wheel, Adrenaline HPOP, EBC yellow stuff brake pads
    2019 Solitude 377MBS, 5.5kW Onan, Kodiak disc brakes/Titan Brakerite actuator, EquaFlex/wetbolts, Triangle TRT01 LRG tires, Splendide W/D, Magnum Energy 3000W inverter/charger, 4-225AH-6V NPP AGM's, Winegard WiFi extender, RV airflow, Progressive Ind HW EMS, Andersen Ultimate Hitch

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BWSTGDS View Post
    The straps that hold the propane tanks in place are tight - too tight to close without alot of cussing. Decided to move one of the mounting screws on each strap about an inch inward to allow more slack. Some folks have used an existing screw location and the unused center screw hole with success, but I found the straps to be slightly too loose when I did this.

Name:	propane strap 2.png 
Views:	12 
Size:	514.0 KB 
ID:	49795

Had to be careful to avoid hitting wiring behind the panel these straps are screwed to.

Name:	propane strap.png 
Views:	13 
Size:	945.4 KB 
ID:	49796

Much easier to secure, and still stable. Shower curtain rings hold the latches, though they over-center pretty well.

Name:	IMG_1379.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	95.9 KB 
ID:	49794
    Did this to mine last fall for the same issue. Work much better now.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did that too, about two or three years ago. That strapping material is like trying to drill diamonds though!
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is hard to drill through, that's for sure. The self-tappers didn't want to touch it. Had to pilot drill and final drill the new strap holes.
    2001 F350 SRW CC LB Lariat 7.3, 33" Toyo AT2, Transgo, 6.0 trans cooler, exhaust brake, extended overload spring bumpstops, Bilstein 4600, Hydra/PHP, FORScan, billet 7/7 turbo wheel, Adrenaline HPOP, EBC yellow stuff brake pads
    2019 Solitude 377MBS, 5.5kW Onan, Kodiak disc brakes/Titan Brakerite actuator, EquaFlex/wetbolts, Triangle TRT01 LRG tires, Splendide W/D, Magnum Energy 3000W inverter/charger, 4-225AH-6V NPP AGM's, Winegard WiFi extender, RV airflow, Progressive Ind HW EMS, Andersen Ultimate Hitch

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is hard to drill through, that's for sure. The self-tappers didn't want to touch it. Had to pilot drill and final drill the new strap holes.
    I didn't have any issue with the self tapers not drilling through it.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I relocated the screw on one tank.. Did NOT solve my problem. My problem was with the over-center latch. I use a pair of pliers to straighten it out some what. Worked!!!!.

Simply straightening out the latch worked on the other tank.

I used a very small Carabiner, Durable Clip Buckle to lock the latch in the place of the shower hanger.
    We have just got a new to us 2021 reflections 5th wheel Model 311 BHS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The straps that hold the propane tanks in place are tight - too tight to close without alot of cussing.
    The straps on my rig were so tight I found the rivets at the buckles were shearing off. So I ordered replacements from Amazon and they are slightly longer installed using the same holes. No problem opening and closing the buckles anymore and no more breakage.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    2020 Solitude 373FB-R,
    2017 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L 4x4 DRW Long Bed,
    TST 570 TPMS, MORryde Pinbox, B&W 25K Companion, Garmin RV785MT