User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Propane tank level indicator

Good Morning...I am tired of the guessing game of how much propane I have left in my tanks.
    Tired of taking them out and weighing or topping them off and "I had enough" without doing that.
    What do you use or what is best for putting on our 303rls tanks?

Thanks
    Ray
    Msgt Ray (Ret) and Margie Parker
    2022 GD 303RLS w/Gen-Y gooseneck
    2020 Ram 2500 HD Cummins 6.7/3.73 gears

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mopeka sensors.
    They work great.
    Retired U.S. Navy Engineer

2020 Ram 2500 Big Horn, CC, 6.7 Cummins
    2022 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rgpracer View Post
    Good Morning...I am tired of the guessing game of how much propane I have left in my tanks.
    Tired of taking them out and weighing or topping them off and "I had enough" without doing that.
    What do you use or what is best for putting on our 303rls tanks?

Thanks
    Ray
    We use the Mopeka sensors. You'll probably need the little "halo" that they sell with them, it's a small ring that protects the sensor which is mounted on the bottom of the tanks. The sensors can be adjusted for different sized tanks and can be monitored by an app or hardware meter.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most/many folks use the Mopeka brand propane sensors, including myself. Some of the earlier versions seemed to eat up the batteries pretty quickly, but I think they have kind of gotten that resolved with the latest versions of the sensors/system.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundsailor View Post
    We use the Mopeka sensors. You'll probably need the little "halo" that they sell with them, it's a small ring that protects the sensor which is mounted on the bottom of the tanks. The sensors can be adjusted for different sized tanks and can be monitored by an app or hardware meter.
    Thread moved to General Tech Topics.

We also use the Mopeka sensors and are very happy with them. The phone app is much more accurate (actual percent) whereas the little monitor box only indicates 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, and full. You won't necessarily need the "halo" rings mentioned above depending on the design of the supports your tanks sit on. Our tank supports are two stamped C-beams which leave the center of the underside of the tank open to the ground - halo rings not needed. If you have a solid platform, you will need the rings.

Since the bottoms of our tanks are open to the ground, I remove our sensors and put them in the buffet drawer for travel. I also use some electrical grease between the sensor and the tank for a better "connection" since the sensors are ultrasonic.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone for their input. I will order two today from our Friends at Amazon.
    Di-electric grease is a good idea also Rob.
    My 303 is open on the bottom also.....can we put a strip of Gorrila tape over the sensor to hold in place instead of removing all the time? (Thinking of the possibility of forgetting to remove)
    Sorry to have posted in the wrong place.

Thanks again

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...can we put a strip of Gorrila tape over the sensor to hold in place instead of removing all the time? (Thinking of the possibility of forgetting to remove)
    The problems with the Gorilla tape are 1) you'll need to remove them once or twice a year to replace the batteries, and 2) with my tanks, the sensors are slightly thicker than the space between the bottom of the tank and the ground when I set them down to take them to refill. This could potentially damage the sensors. (I also have four tanks, so they're not always on the same tank.) Some folks have used the rings with some mesh screen (like an upside down trampoline) to make sure that, if the sensors do fall off, you don't loose them. I've read posts by a couple of folks who say they don't take any precautions and have never lost one. Who knows. I put a printed strip in the convenience panel by the slide switches reminding me to remove the sensors when I pull the slides in - has worked for me.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My mopeka sensor doesn't work very well .
    Works sometimes. Have two one works better for whatever reason. The bad one woks when it wants.
    2019 super duty 6.7
    2021 solitude 2930rl
    1236 ah of Sok lithium 1200 watts of solar.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    https://www.mopekaiot.com/shop
    I have the Bluetooth set up and tied it into my Victron Cerbo GX so I can see the information on a screen inside my trailer. Even though my tanks are steel I got the magnetic ones and added the exterior cage that sticks to the bottom of the tank (aluminum tank mounting bracket) so they don't get bounced off on our wonderful roads.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone for their input. I will order two today from our Friends at Amazon.
    Di-electric grease is a good idea also Rob.
    My 303 is open on the bottom also.....can we put a strip of Gorrila tape over the sensor to hold in place instead of removing all the time? (Thinking of the possibility of forgetting to remove)
    Sorry to have posted in the wrong place.

Thanks again
    It's been a while since I ordered mine, but it seems that they come with a small tube of of the conduction grease.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast