User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    It's been a while since I ordered mine, but it seems that they come with a small tube of of the conduction grease.
    They do and it is important that it be used for accurate readings.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    They do and it is important that it be used for accurate readings.
    I agree. I also use one on a 100 lb tank that I have for the fireplace at my house, and I even ended up having to take a small file and remove part of a thick layer of the paint on the bottom of the tank before I could get it to work correctly. The sensor was brand new with a new battery and I had used the grease also. Only thing I could figure out is that the tank got a really heavy coat of paint because it worked just fine after I got some of the paint off.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another thing to get before my first trip.
    Raymond, Dee Dee and Sophie (Yorkie)
    2023 Chevrolet 2500HD LT 4X4
    2024 Grand Design Reflection 296RDST

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just use the Truma LevelCheck. Not a continuous monitor , but seems to be pretty reliable.
    Charlie F
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will the Mopeka brand work with Compass Connect?
    Raymond, Dee Dee and Sophie (Yorkie)
    2023 Chevrolet 2500HD LT 4X4
    2024 Grand Design Reflection 296RDST

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rgpracer View Post
    Good Morning...I am tired of the guessing game of how much propane I have left in my tanks.
    Tired of taking them out and weighing or topping them off and "I had enough" without doing that.
    What do you use or what is best for putting on our 303rls tanks?

Thanks
    Ray
    Mopeka hands down. I use the phone app and the remote monitor which I installed inside by the other switches. Works awesome!
    40+ Year Camping Enthusiast--Living in CO
    2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4 CC-LB D-Max Payload 3865#--- 5000 Air Springs w/Wireless Comp
    2022 GD Reflection 303RLS-- 565 watts of solar/560aH of LIPO4 batteries, 2000w inverter,
    DC Starllink- Comfort Ride Shock System and Lippert Air Pin Box

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why does everyone need to know how full their tanks are? Run your propane on one tank (that's when the handle on the regulator points to the hose leading to that tank). When the indicator turns red, that tank is empty but the regulator has automatically changed to the other tank. Turn the handle so it points to the hose leading to the tank now in use. The indicator will turn green. Go shut off the empty tank and remove it to go get filled. Done.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fill a pitcher with the hottest water you have. Slowly pour it down the side of the propane tank. Feel the tank with your hand, the hot part has NO propane, as your hand slides lower on the tank, you will feel cold. That is the actual level of the propane. DONE!

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudsman View Post
    Fill a pitcher with the hottest water you have. Slowly pour it down the side of the propane tank. Feel the tank with your hand, the hot part has NO propane, as your hand slides lower on the tank, you will feel cold. That is the actual level of the propane. DONE!
    But now you may have a mess on the floor of the compartment.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rideblue51 View Post
    Why does everyone need to know how full their tanks are? Run your propane on one tank (that's when the handle on the regulator points to the hose leading to that tank). When the indicator turns red, that tank is empty but the regulator has automatically changed to the other tank. Turn the handle so it points to the hose leading to the tank now in use. The indicator will turn green. Go shut off the empty tank and remove it to go get filled. Done.
    Mopeka

The sensor is especially helpful in the middle of winter to know how much propane is in the tank you're running on before you go to bed, so you don't wake up at zero dark thirty with a frozen nose. That's a cold PITA! I personally don't like leaving both tanks turned on to let the auto regulator switch over because I know as soon as I do, I'll end up running two tanks empty because I got sidetracked and forgot to check them. To each his own, but I think having the sensor is another helpful tool in the toolbox.
    George & Ronda
    2023 Momentum 376THS-R
    2020 F450 Platinum

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast