User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Seasoned Camper Dive Bar Casanova's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our local dealer just started selling GD and isn't up to speed on whats what.. So, the independent suspension is heavy duty also offers disc brakes?
    2020 Momentum 398 M

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dive Bar Casanova View Post
    Do you think regularly changing-out the shackle bolts would help prevent the shearing?
    After repairing my trailer, I went with solid shackle bolts with a nylon sleeve that is used on commercial trailers. The wet bolt that they use is a grade 5 bolt, and the solid one that I went to is a grade 8, so hopefully I have solved any future problems, if not, I will go to the IS suspension.

I want to add, my trailer is out of warranty, and although Morryde who makes the shackles and considers it a wear item, and when asked to cover the cost said it is not their problem, GD stepped up to the plate and is covering part of the cost on it in good faith. Not many trailer companies would do that after the warranty is up.
    2023 Chevy 3500HD CC SB 4x4 Dmax
    2021 GD 320G with 8K axles

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our local dealer just started selling GD and isn't up to speed on whats what.. So, the independent suspension is heavy duty also offers disc brakes?
    https://www.morryde.com/products/ind...ension-system/

Seasoned Camper Dive Bar Casanova's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, another reason to stay with Grand Design - ya get service. It's a big deal.
    2020 Momentum 398 M

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wileykid View Post
    I want to add, my trailer is out of warranty, and although Morryde who makes the shackles and considers it a wear item, and when asked to cover the cost said it is not their problem, GD stepped up to the plate and is covering part of the cost on it in good faith. Not many trailer companies would do that after the warranty is up.
    Yep - Dexter, LCI, Morryde said they were wear items and wouldn't do anything. GD stepped up and covered the repair costs. In fact, they are having me bring it to the factory in Elkhart in April for a complete chassis inspection (among other things). I have between 5-6K on the replacement parts by that time and if anything needs replacing again, I will check when Morryde can install IS. Since I already have the 8K discs, the install is about half price as they will re-use the brake parts.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, the independent suspension is heavy duty also offers disc brakes?
    I don't have, so can't really say. But Second Chance on here has the setup. He may have some advice to offer.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, another reason to stay with Grand Design - ya get service. It's a big deal.
    If you are ordering the trailer, many benefits of having the 8K axles and disc brakes. The disc brakes are a no-brainer, and the axles will give you more flexibility if you load heavy, although I guess a triple you probably won't run into that problem. I have no idea on the 398M, but on mine, with the factory installed 8K axles, they upped the GVWR, which can only happen at the factory, not after. Also the disc brakes being covered by factory warranty is nice.

I would think that the cost of the disc brakes from the factory, and the additional cost of them if you were to add it to the IS system would be a wash.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    I don't have, so can't really say. But Second Chance on here has the setup. He may have some advice to offer.
    @Second Chance

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wileykid View Post
    I believe MORryde IS only comes with discs and it probably is a wash if you purchase the 8K disc option as I did with the express intent of installing IS at some point (I tried to have the factory do it before delivery but the pandemic put a stop to that). Last quote I received from MORryde was about $5500 since I already had the 8K discs. North of 12K (I believe) if I didn't. But it was their techs that recommended I install 8K from GD because that's what they would put on our 310GK.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes - the MORryde IS is extremely heavy-duty and both their 7K and 8K suspension units come with disc brakes. There are cases where folks have gotten the 8K suspension with disc brakes from the factory and MORryde has reused the brake system which helps hold down costs a bit. Go to the MORryde web site and learn about how it is designed and built:

https://www.morryde.com/products/ind...ension-system/

We've had the IS installed on both of our fifth wheel RVs. It's pricey and probably not for everyone. As full-timers we wouldn't be without it.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast