User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kitchen Slide leaves a 5 inch long dent in flooring.

I have a 2015 369rl. The kitchen side is leaving a 5 inch long dent in the flooring from the slide roller. I have had it to a repair facility and they say the slide is aligned properly. Anyone else experiencing this?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN4026.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	92.7 KB 
ID:	3212

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Patrick,

We had a similar problem, but with our lighter weight table & recliner slide.

At the Rally Factory Tour, I learned that the heavy slides move on rollers and the lighter slides move on low friction plastic edge pieces to keep the slide floor as low as possible and thus as close to the level of the main floor. There is a "balance point" for both types of slides when the slide is about half way in, where it can dip down and drag on the floor even if it is adjusted properly at the fully out and fully in positions.

We had some discussion about whether the slide topper tension could be the cause of tipping the slide in slightly, when near the balance point, but were not able to prove this one way or the other, by manually holding the topper roller to release tension as the slide went past the drag point. In theory, there might be something to this (particularly if you had the topper tension really high, to try and minimize flapping or puddles).

Both the Lippert and the Grand Design technicians at the Rally had a go at adjusting our slide . . . and got it to near perfect fully in/out . . . but it still touched the floor at about the half way point. I did put a straight edge across the floor and it is flat. They recommended (and provided) Lippert floor protection strips. http://lci1.com/slideout-slicker A bit of a pain to install at every close-up, but well worth the peace of mind in not worrying about floor damage every time.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did a bit more work on this problem. There are two sets of rollers; the rollers that move with the slide (white) and the stationary rollers (black). Attached you will find a picture with paper bowels at the locations of the movable rollers. As you can see it looks like at least one was left out. Could one of you fellow 369RL owners look or feel under the inside of your kitchen slide and count the movable (white) rollers on your slide. The movable rollers will be free wheeling when your slide is out and you will not be able to turn the stationary rollers (black). Thanks for any help.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN4028.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	87.9 KB 
ID:	3213

Papa Smurf
    I keep a 6' runner in the floor in between the island and range area to prevent the rollers from scratching the floor. So far there has not been any indication it was needed, but I am a safety man...

I have been planning to pick-up some of those Teflon/vinyl slide slickers for the dinning slide.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the same issue as Rob with an 8 inch mark in the floor (303). The dealer did adjust the slide and is better however I am following the same as Papa Smurf using a floor mat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The mountains are calling and I must go" John Muir

Chuck
    2015 Reflection 303 RLS
    2005 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    Elk Grove, Ca

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...psotab2qdx.jpg

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see some reviews saying these slickets don't work well on linoleum as one side has grippers for carpet and these grippers mark up the linoleum. Is that the case ?

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minnow101 View Post
    I see some reviews saying these slickets don't work well on linoleum as one side has grippers for carpet and these grippers mark up the linoleum. Is that the case ?
    The "hook" grippers are only at the starting end and go into the carpet strip along the edge of the linoleum floor. There are smoother pin bumps on the underside that contact the flooring but do not leave any marks. We are not at the RV right now, but next week I will take pictures of both sides of the strips and post these. In our situation, I think the slide rides on these strips as it comes in, but when it pulls up tight to the wall, it lifts off the strips.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa Smurf View Post
    I keep a 6' runner in the floor in between the island and range area to prevent the rollers from scratching the floor. So far there has not been any indication it was needed, but I am a safety man...

I have been planning to pick-up some of those Teflon/vinyl slide slickers for the dinning slide.
    Interested to know if the rollers catch on the runner? Seems to be a pretty tight fit, but if it works I will do the same.
    Steve & Bunny
    Michigan
    2015 Grand Design Reflection 27RL
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD 6.0

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    The "hook" grippers are only at the starting end and go into the carpet strip along the edge of the linoleum floor. There are smoother pin bumps on the underside that contact the flooring but do not leave any marks. We are not at the RV right now, but next week I will take pictures of both sides of the strips and post these. In our situation, I think the slide rides on these strips as it comes in, but when it pulls up tight to the wall, it lifts off the strips.

Rob
    Thanks Rob. I think these are a good idea and look forward to your pictures.