Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Winterizing with the "new" valve system

Has anyone winterized their 2016 Momentum with the new valve setup yet? I'm very familiar with the general process from my old trailer, but all those valves were manual and easy to see what they did. With this setup do I really just need to configure the valves as shown in the "Winterize" picture in the lower left? Then run a hose from the fresh water inlet to some jugs of antifreeze, hit the water pump, and run all the faucets? Almost seems too easy!

On a related note, does anyone know what the red, blue, and white valves actually control? I know one must be to bypass the hot water heater, but what about the rest?

(credit to MomentumGunner for the pic )

2016 Momentum 350M (w/Goodyear G614 tires matched perfect and staggered special!)
    2010 Ford F350 Lariat 6.4L PowerStroke 4x4 CrewCab SRW
    PullRite SuperGlide 20k hitch

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

james quinn
    I have same system so I am curious too. Haven't looked yet but I suspect bypass at water heater and then as you describe. Hope so cause as you say EASY !!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Red is water heater bypass. Blue directs incoming water connection to faucets or to storage tank. Not sure on the two white ones.
    Editor - www.RamGunner.com and www.MomentumGunner.com
    2014 Ram 3500 Tradesman/CTD/AISIN/4.10/4WD/CC/LB/DRW/VHF/UHF/APRS/CB/SCANNER
    B&W RVK3600 5th Wheel Hitch/Reese 30140 Gooseneck Ball/Gen-Y HDGH-604 Receiver
    2016 Momentum 385TH (Internal LAN/AV Distribution/Polaris RZR 800 EPS/CB/SCANNER/VHF/UHF/APRS and HF for World-Wide Communications)

james quinn
    Quote Originally Posted by RamGunner View Post
    Red is water heater bypass. Blue directs incoming water connection to faucets or to storage tank. Not sure on the two white ones.
    Me thinks the blue handle directs water direct or thru the pump. Look at diagram for options to fill water tank. Blue handle position is different depending on source (pressure or pump).

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Figures -- what should have been straightforward wasn't....

So I turned the valves to the Winterizing position and hit the water pump. It ran but with a more labored sound than normal, and it hardly drew any antifreeze out of the container.

Any thoughts / suggestions?
    2016 Momentum 350M (w/Goodyear G614 tires matched perfect and staggered special!)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

james quinn
    Quote Originally Posted by pg_rider View Post
    Figures -- what should have been straightforward wasn't....

So I turned the valves to the Winterizing position and hit the water pump. It ran but with a more labored sound than normal, and it hardly drew any antifreeze out of the container.

Any thoughts / suggestions?
    Did you open any taps or such? Could just be airlock or water in system stil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    anyone winterize by compressed air or nitrogen instead of RV antifreeze?
    2012 Ram 3500 CCLB-CTD-DRW
    2016 Momentum 388M
    2015 Subaru Impreza
    1997 TJ Buggy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by james quinn View Post
    Me thinks the blue handle directs water direct or thru the pump. Look at diagram for options to fill water tank. Blue handle position is different depending on source (pressure or pump).
    The blue directs incoming water connection to either the internal water system or to the water tank fill.

The top white may be where the water pump takes water from - take from water tank or from incoming water connection - may also be the bottom white

The red is the water heater bypass

I'm still not sure on the bottom white
    2016 Momentum 385TH (Internal LAN/AV Distribution/Polaris RZR 800 EPS/CB/SCANNER/VHF/UHF/APRS and HF for World-Wide Communications)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJTimmer View Post
    anyone winterize by compressed air or nitrogen instead of RV antifreeze?
    That's what I would plan on doing, but putting some anti-freeze into the waste tanks, sink traps, and toilets.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As an update, turns out my issue was with priming the pump. I ended up holding the bucket of antifreeze higher than the pump inlet. This allowed it to fill the pump with antifreeze, and then I was able to run it through all the lines.

Don't forget to open up your washer/dryer connections

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast