User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Want to tow level!

Anybody out there have a similar setup as me? I have a new 2024 260RD being towed behind a 2018 GMC Duramax 3500 6.5' with puck system. I want to tow as level as possible and curious what hitch to go with (?). Leaning towards a B&W Companion 20K RVK3700. I have some concern the low height setting may still give me a back tilt... Also, plan on using the Curt Turning Point feature and don't know if I need to lube the pivot out of the gates or if it comes from the factory ready to go (i.e., just remove lockout bolts). Appreciate in advance any advice any of you have, thanks!

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have a setup like yours, but wanted to say that your truck is lower than the current ones, so you should not have a problem, GMC jacked up the bed height in 2020. The B&W is a great hitch, make sure you get the one for pre 2020 GMC trucks.

Make sure that you get the wedge kit for the B&W instead of using the generic wedge they may have. I have a Reese Sidewinder, which is similar, and had to buy the wedge for my B&W separately. Mine came pre-greased, but it can never hurt to double check.
    2023 Chevy 3500HD CC SB 4x4 Dmax
    2021 GD 320G with 8K axles

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wileykid, thanks! Have the B&W Wedge on order along with the hitch. Was wanting to use my Andersen (AUH), but was touching my side rails while backing and turning over an aggressive gutter in my drive....did not like! So decided to keep the pinbox in line and use the Turning Point. Rig was tilted back using the AUH.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dnanew View Post
    Anybody out there have a similar setup as me? I have a new 2024 260RD being towed behind a 2018 GMC Duramax 3500 6.5' with puck system. I want to tow as level as possible and curious what hitch to go with (?). Leaning towards a B&W Companion 20K RVK3700. I have some concern the low height setting may still give me a back tilt... Also, plan on using the Curt Turning Point feature and don't know if I need to lube the pivot out of the gates or if it comes from the factory ready to go (i.e., just remove lockout bolts). Appreciate in advance any advice any of you have, thanks!
    The OEM Companion is a great hitch and is very adjustable. Be sure you get the correct wedge for the hitch and not use the generic. https://www.etrailer.com/question-182616.html https://www.etrailer.com/p-SWW-06.html And FYI the only difference between the 20K and the 25K is the 25K had thicker towers. The heads and body are the same Also you turning point hitch is pre-lubed. I recommend you read the manual on operation and maintenance if you ever take it for service double check when you pick it up they don't have it locked out.

Now with my 2018 150 series 220RK I had to change to 16" tires (new rims) to gain enough height for level towing with my 2022 F350. I have 7" of bed clearance.

Safe travels
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wileykid, thanks! Have the B&W Wedge on order along with the hitch. Was wanting to use my Andersen (AUH), but was touching my side rails while backing and turning over an aggressive gutter in my drive....did not like! So decided to keep the pinbox in line and use the Turning Point. Rig was tilted back using the AUH.
    @Dnanew -

Thread moved to Fifth Wheel Hitching Topics.

Here are a few forum tips:

1) If you use "Reply With Quote" (to the right of "Reply") as I have here, folks will know to whom you are responding and that person will get a notification.

2) You can also tag folks using the "@" symbol and their user name (as I have done yours) - they'll also get a notification that way.

3) You can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question - and others won't have to ask. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Note: you'll need to have a paid subscription to add an image to your signature.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    The OEM Companion is a great hitch and is very adjustable. Be sure you get the correct wedge for the hitch and not use the generic. https://www.etrailer.com/question-182616.html https://www.etrailer.com/p-SWW-06.html And FYI the only difference between the 20K and the 25K is the 25K had thicker towers. The heads and body are the same Also you turning point hitch is pre-lubed. I recommend you read the manual on operation and maintenance if you ever take it for service double check when you pick it up they don't have it locked out.

Now with my 2018 150 series 220RK I had to change to 16" tires (new rims) to gain enough height for level towing with my 2022 F350. I have 7" of bed clearance.

Safe travels
    @powerscol
    Thanks for the info!
    U.S. Navy Retired
    2018 GMC 3500 Duramax Denali, 6.5 Bed w/puck system
    2024 Reflection 260RD, Curt Turning Point
    B&W Companion OEM RVK3700, Wedge SWW06

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My driveway is 5-7* uphill from the road, which is a narrow two lane. When I back in, the angle of turn is close to 60* and the angle of the trailer pointing uphill and my truck level on the road until I straighten out and the truck starts uphill is interesting, that is why I use the Sidewinder. Much more comfortable that I will not hit my cab.

As mentioned in a comment above, when you have to lock the pinbox with the bolts for any reason (dealer needs that), I put a long red ribbon on the bolts to make sure I do not forget it is locked. Same as the "Remove before flight" flags on airplanes. Several people here have described what happens if you do not take the bolts out and drive with the wedge in, and it is ugly.
    2023 Chevy 3500HD CC SB 4x4 Dmax
    2021 GD 320G with 8K axles

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately the 150 Series still can't accept the goose box hitch I believe. That not withstanding, any 5th wheel TV should have airbags for levelling and smoothing out the ride.
    Spike & Kimberly
    2020 Imagine 2970RL
    2021 F-350 7.3L CC LB SRW
    2002 GMC 2500HD 6.6L -Traded

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My setup is similar and I run about 2" nose high. Bed rail clearance is good, but neither hitch nor pin box have any adjustments.

I'm about to install some trailer lift blocks.
    Rick

2019 Reflection 150 273MK
    2015 Ford F350 CC SB Lariat Powerstroke
    PullRite Superglide

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RickLight View Post
    My setup is similar and I run about 2" nose high. Bed rail clearance is good, but neither hitch nor pin box have any adjustments.

I'm about to install some trailer lift blocks.
    That is what I did...2" is the max I read.
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the
    2022 F350 SCSB 7.3 GdZa 4x4, 10 Sp w/4.30s - Lariat Sport in Atlas Blue

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast