Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Solitude 310GK

Hi Everyone,
    Just moved into our 2023 Solitude 310 GK. We've been RVers for about 35 years, so we're pretty familiar with most of the systems. The dealer's pre-delivery service left a lot to be desired. The service manager actually told me they ignore cosmetic issues and he personally knows little about RVs. I might need some help pairing the TPMS to the display module. Overall we love the floor plan and all the new features, particularly the stove, refrigerator, and water heater.
    Retired Wrench

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum and congrats, we look at one and love the floor plan.
    2022 GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome from the wife of another retired wrench ! Good floorplan! Sounds like you got a questionable PDI for sure. I hope the service is better than the attitude.

Get out there and give it a good voyage and enjoy!
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the welcome. We love the floor plan and all the features, but some issues have revealed themselves. Yesterday the gray water tank under the shower leaked into the belly. Apparently Blue Compass of ABQ noticed this during the pre-delivery because instead of fixing the leak they drilled holes in the coroplast. I usually fix minor issues with a new RV myself, but the list is growing. If anyone with a 301GK who has dealt with the bathroom gray tank could share some advice on access, it will be appreciated.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Retired wrench View Post
    Thanks for the welcome. We love the floor plan and all the features, but some issues have revealed themselves. Yesterday the gray water tank under the shower leaked into the belly. Apparently Blue Compass of ABQ noticed this during the pre-delivery because instead of fixing the leak they drilled holes in the coroplast. I usually fix minor issues with a new RV myself, but the list is growing. If anyone with a 301GK who has dealt with the bathroom gray tank could share some advice on access, it will be appreciated.
    That ^^^^ drilling holes in the Coroplast to "solve" the water leak is despicable at best, and Grand Design should be notified about the dealer and it's "best practices" on repairing a leak. I do believe the <<<fill in your own blanks here>>> alleged "Service Manager" and I would have to have a chat, along with the owner of the business. I'm not sure that I could withhold my anger about their repair inadequacies when it comes to service/repair/warranty issues. Having said that, I do realize that it is always a better first step to be calm and under control, but firm, when approaching situations like that.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome aboard! With your previous experience I'll guess you aren't new to the kinds of issues that will come up during the early life of the RV. But the attitude of a lot of folks in the sales and supply chain and pace at which they push these things out the door are certainly a change from the past.

None-the-less, from one 310GK owner to another, I think you like what you got when all the bugs get worked out.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Everyone,
    Just moved into our 2023 Solitude 310 GK. We've been RVers for about 35 years, so we're pretty familiar with most of the systems. The dealer's pre-delivery service left a lot to be desired. The service manager actually told me they ignore cosmetic issues and he personally knows little about RVs. I might need some help pairing the TPMS to the display module. Overall we love the floor plan and all the new features, particularly the stove, refrigerator, and water heater.
    Retired Wrench
    Welcome to the forum, this is a great place to exchange knowledge with fellow GD owners.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I first got our 310, I crawled around behind the basement wall to see where I could get some extra room. Just for the heck of it I checked the nut on the shower drain and it wasn't even finger tight. Luckily we hadn't used it yet, it certainly would have leaked down the pipe into the belly. Perhaps something simple like that on yours?

Brian
    Brian and Lisa - Longmont, CO
    2021 Solitude 310GK
    2022 F350 Lariat DRW Powerstroke
    Firestone airbags - WirelessOne Airlift
    B&W Companion 20K
    Tireminder TPMS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info. When we get home I'll check the top of the tank and the shower nut. Unfortunately, I think I'm going to have to drop the coroplast to replace the insulation if it's typical fiberglass batting. If anyone knows otherwise please let me know.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info. When we get home I'll check the top of the tank and the shower nut. Unfortunately, I think I'm going to have to drop the coroplast to replace the insulation if it's typical fiberglass batting. If anyone knows otherwise please let me know.
    Yep, it is. Find that leak first, otherwise it's a lot of wasted work!

Drilling holes to let the water out..... that's crazy to me for a dealer to do.
    Brian and Lisa - Longmont, CO
    2021 Solitude 310GK
    2022 F350 Lariat DRW Powerstroke
    Firestone airbags - WirelessOne Airlift
    B&W Companion 20K
    Tireminder TPMS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast