User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do I get to the Schwintek motor? Stuck on the road...

Hope this it the correct Forum thread:
    Just left the GD Quartzsite Rally - Right front tire blow out took out the front (right) Schwintek motor wiring and the wiring is hanging - cannot get to the fridge. Can you tell me how to get to the motor so I can tape them back together?
    Stuck in Indio again...
    Bradley & Glenna
    2016 29rs Reflection
    2016 Ford F250 - B&W Patriot 18k Slider

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thread moved to Slide Systems.

I have not accessed them myself, but I've read threads which state that the motors are accessible from the inside - often by removing the trim.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Webmeister View Post
    Hope this it the correct Forum thread:
    Just left the GD Quartzsite Rally - Right front tire blow out took out the front (right) Schwintek motor wiring and the wiring is hanging - cannot get to the fridge. Can you tell me how to get to the motor so I can tape them back together?
    Stuck in Indio again...
    \

This video will show access and removal of motor. Hopefully you can repair wiring without motor removal as it requires removing a set screw that is on the outside. This would mean you have to manually extend the slide out a little to get to the screw, and it's a tough job.

https://support.lci1.com/videos/in-w...or-replacement
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Thread moved to Slide Systems.

I have not accessed them myself, but I've read threads which state that the motors are accessible from the inside - often by removing the trim.

Rob
    Thank you Rob, I did figure out that the wire hanging down after my tire blew was the whole problem, it was the wire coming from the left side motor (very vulnerable). The two motors run in series, left to right. Pulling some of the belly I found the broken wire and taped them back together...no need to remove the motor.
    There are a number of YouTube's on how to remove the motor if needed and yes from it is the inside.
    Thank you to you and the Forum for all you do...
    Bradley
    Bradley & Glenna
    2016 29rs Reflection

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dryfly View Post
    \

This video will show access and removal of motor. Hopefully you can repair wiring without motor removal as it requires removing a set screw that is on the outside. This would mean you have to manually extend the slide out a little to get to the screw, and it's a tough job.

https://support.lci1.com/videos/in-w...or-replacement
    Thank you DryFly, I did find those YouTUbe items...I learned a lot which is what I like. Every repair I learn something new...
    Bradley & Glenna
    2016 29rs Reflection

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Webmeister View Post
    Thank you DryFly, I did find those YouTUbe items...I learned a lot which is what I like. Every repair I learn something new...
    I had the same issue as you a couple of years ago, except mine wasn't caused by a blowout. For some reason the motor cable just worked it's way out of the underbelly and the tire rubbed against it, cutting the cable. Would have been a simple fix but I had no clue as to what had happened, and didn't find the problem until I got home. Spent the rest of the trip with the slide retracted. Bummer!
    2020 Reflection 273MK