User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2020 Solitude 3740BH, Lions Head Lynx Wheel (16 x 6 / 8 x 6.5) Failure

I am new to this site and forum use. We currently tow a 2020 Solitude 3740BH. Our last trip out with the trailer, the Lions Head Lynx wheel failed on our unit. The wheel failed (blew out) around the bead of the tire. I brought wheel and tire to our local RV dealer. They had never seen a failure like this. I brought to our local tire/wheel supplier who gave the same response. Tire was in good condition as per them -- looked good when it was inspected. When discussing this failure with the RV dealer, they contacted Lions Head who stated they did not sell to independent dealers and referred them to Etrailer who informed them this wheel is no longer available. So, I am looking at having to purchase 4 new wheels to have a matching set. I am a little leery on replacing my wheels with Lions Head wheels due to the failure on this on after 4 years, warranty refusal and lack of like-for-like replacement (only an estimated 15,000 miles on the wheels). Has anyone else had an issue with Lions Head wheels? Any recommendations on another manufacturer for wheels? Etrailer recommended "Taskmaster". Thanks in advance.

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There have been a few failures (micro-cracks) discussed on the forum. Many folks have had trouble finding exact replacements as it seems that Lionshead changes the style/appearance of wheels fairly often. If you can't find one on eBay or someplace (might even post in the Miscellaneous Items For Sale Or Wanted section on this forum), a set of good steel wheels from eTrailer would do the job very well. They may not look as nice, but they won't let you down.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After the trouble I had swapping tires on my Lions Head wheels on my 2018 310gk, I bought a set of Ultra Armagedon trailer wheels. They are rated at 4400 lbs each and ultra has a lifetime structural warranty. When I got my new wheels, I found out how fast and easy I could mount my tires on a wheel that is designed correctly!
    2023 GMC 3500HD CCLB DRW Duramax L5P, Banks Derringer/Idash/CAI 60 gallon fuel transfer tank
    2018 Solitude 310GK with Kodiak disc brakes 4000 lb Dexter springs, frame stiffeners
    RETIRED Maint Supervisor, Certified Welder, ASE Master Tech, Owner tire shop

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try " King of Wheels " . They had a wheel for my old 5er that had been discontinued

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob,
    Thanks for the info and direction on options. I appreciate the response.
    Safe travels.
    WC58

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Poohbear,
    Thanks for the option -- I will give them a call. I appreciate your response.
    Safe travels.
    WC58

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nuffsaid,
    Thanks for the reply. I will give this company a call and see what they have to offer.
    Safe travels.
    WC58

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you end up getting new wheels? Do you have any of the old ones for sale? I lost one a little bit ago and I've been on my spare.

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trance72i View Post
    Did you end up getting new wheels? Do you have any of the old ones for sale? I lost one a little bit ago and I've been on my spare.
    @Trance72i -

Welcome to the forum. It isn't clear who you're asking. If you want the OP get get a notification, here are a couple of tips:

1) If you use "Reply With Quote" (to the right of "Reply") as I have here, folks will know to whom you are responding and that person will get a notification.

2) You can also tag folks using the "@" symbol and their user name (as I have done yours) - they'll also get a notification that way.

You can also create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question - and others won't have to ask. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Note: you'll need to have a paid subscription to add an image to your signature.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trance72i View Post
    I have not purchased new wheels yet. I am still researching.