User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello from Idaho

Greetings we are a retired couple upgrading our TT from Jayco to Imagine 23 LDE. We thought we had the perfect floorplan for our style with the Jayco but as it turns out the bed was too short for me and the kitchen had no counterspace for her. Regardless we had many miles and memories in the 7 years we owned her. Now on to new adventures we take delivery of our new Grand Design on Monday after a suspension upgrade to Morryde CRE 3K. I'm planning a few more upgrades like fans, more solar with inverter and lipo batteries. My goal is to be able to run AC on batteries. I'm so excited we are really looking forward to making new memories. Thanks we are happy to be here!
    2024 Imagine XLS 23 LDE
    2017 (Jayco JayFeather 22 FQSW) previous
    2016 F150 Lariat Eco Maxtow 4WD CC LB

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum. Please share pics of your upgrades. Have you ever camped at Indian Springs, near American Falls? It is one of our favorite places.
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Larryh22 View Post
    Greetings we are a retired couple upgrading our TT from Jayco to Imagine 23 LDE. We thought we had the perfect floorplan for our style with the Jayco but as it turns out the bed was too short for me and the kitchen had no counterspace for her. Regardless we had many miles and memories in the 7 years we owned her. Now on to new adventures we take delivery of our new Grand Design on Monday after a suspension upgrade to Morryde CRE 3K. I'm planning a few more upgrades like fans, more solar with inverter and lipo batteries. My goal is to be able to run AC on batteries. I'm so excited we are really looking forward to making new memories. Thanks we are happy to be here!
    Welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy the new Imagine. Running the AC takes a good-sized battery bank, each hour eats up about 125 Ah.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick Noble View Post
    Welcome to the forum. Please share pics of your upgrades. Have you ever camped at Indian Springs, near American Falls? It is one of our favorite places.
    No I have not camped at Indian Springs. Thanks for the pointer I will be sure to check it out next time we are down that way.
    2024 Imagine XLS 23 LDE

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here are some pics of our new coach and the suspension upgrade.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2025.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	62.3 KB 
ID:	50005

Name:	IMG_2026.jpg 
Size:	113.8 KB 
ID:	50006

Name:	IMG_2027.jpg 
Size:	83.8 KB 
ID:	50007

Name:	IMG_2030.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	92.3 KB 
ID:	50008

Name:	IMG_2031.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	71.5 KB 
ID:	50009
    The additions equalizer and cross members were added before our 1st tow so I cannot say how much we actually improved. But I can say she tows very well behind my F150.

I guess I need to learn how to upload pics haha
    Last edited by Larryh22; 03-11-2024 at 08:56 PM. Reason: Pics are upsided down
    2024 Imagine XLS 23 LDE

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you will like Indian Springs. It has a huge swimming pool fed by hot springs. It stays at 90 degrees all year round. It has about 200 acres for camping.
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome and congrats! Good floorplan.

If you want to run A/C off batteries consider taking time to research and build your own. Check out cells here as a starter... https://www.18650batterystore.com/co...rismatic-cells
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Larryh22 View Post
    Running a AC on batteries is possible. But most find it isn't feasable for more than an hour or two. When AC is needed, it is usually for much more than a couple of hours. A generator for AC works better for most everyone.

I have a large battery bank, and a substantial solar system, but I have no desire to run the AC off of the batteries. Using one of my generators is what I do
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We run A/C off batteries starting at about 5:30 (hottest part of the day) and run it overnight, usually set to 72-74 degrees to take humidity out of the air as much as cool it down. After a week we have about 30% remaining. Depending on how hot it is we're usually running it 5 of 7 nights. Otherwise, no skimping on power usage. We run 12V fans constantly, use the microwave, 12V fridge, charging phones, TV, Instant Pot, air fryer, etc. It can be done but you need lots of AH capacity and decent solar. I carry the generator in case I need to charge batteries but so far haven't pulled it out yet.
    Last edited by Riverbug; 03-12-2024 at 07:08 AM.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbug View Post
    Welcome and congrats! Good floorplan.

If you want to run A/C off batteries consider taking time to research and build your own. Check out cells here as a starter... https://www.18650batterystore.com/co...rismatic-cells
    Wow I have a lot of research ahead of me and already have questions. Did you DIY your batteries and if so what are you using for BMS? Do you have communication (like cannbus) between the BMS and inverter? Do you heat the batteries for cold weather charging? The battery technology has vastly improved in the past year with unbelievable storage and load capacity.

Chad I see we think alike on floor plans it was a good choice for our needs and style.

Thanks Larry
    2024 Imagine XLS 23 LDE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast