User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

310gk electrical issues.

We have a 2018 310gk. Electrical 120v issues. First of all, all of my 120v outlets are working (that are marked GFI). (seems strange because there isn't any wire on the breaker marked GFI).
    There is one kitchen outlet (not marked GFI) and all of the bedroom outlets including the TV upstairs are not working. The ac panel is marked as follows: REFER is crossed out and penciled in is: inverter out. All of the outlets in the living room are working except the kitchen outlet not marked GFI. When I throw the main breaker off, the outlets in the living are still working ( I am pretty sure the inverter is keeping them alive as we have 4 batteries and a solar array)
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thread moved to Electrical Systems and Wiring.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Branson View Post
    We have a 2018 310gk. Electrical 120v issues. First of all, all of my 120v outlets are working (that are marked GFI). (seems strange because there isn't any wire on the breaker marked GFI).
    There is one kitchen outlet (not marked GFI) and all of the bedroom outlets including the TV upstairs are not working. The ac panel is marked as follows: REFER is crossed out and penciled in is: inverter out. All of the outlets in the living room are working except the kitchen outlet not marked GFI. When I throw the main breaker off, the outlets in the living are still working ( I am pretty sure the inverter is keeping them alive as we have 4 batteries and a solar array)
    The REFER is crossed out because someone figured out that was powering the inverted GD installed which fed only the residential frig.

The bedroom (and most likely the hutch above the circuit breaker panel) are on the same circuit on my rig (as far as I can remember).

So it sounds like you need to check the breaker panel circuit by circuit to find the problem. As far as I know the bedroom and that hutch isn't on a GFI but check all of this to be sure one isn't tripped.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Branson View Post
    In our 2018 310Gk, the GFCI master is in the bathroom outlet. This feeds all of the kitchen outlets. There is also a master GFCI outlet in the pass through (curbside). this feeds the other GFCI protected outlets in the pass through and outside. The GFCI circuits are protected by a standard (non-GFCI) breaker in the distribution panel.

Try turning ALL of your 120v (AC) circuit breaks off and then back on. See if that fixes your non-working outlets. To reset a tripped breaker, you need to turn it off completely, then back on. Sometimes they are hard to see they are in the tripped position.

The trailers are not wired consistently. I would suggest you make a diagram of your entire trailer and note which outlet and device is on what circuit breaker. Keep this handy for future reference.

Lastly, the trailer use IDC (Insulation Displacement Connections) and have a poor reliability history. If one part of a circuit works, but other (downstream) device do not, you may have a bad connection at an outlet (or possibly other connection point). Tracking these failures down often requires removing each outlet on the circuit and inspecting the connection. Manu threads on the subject, but start with the breakers (easier, faster to check and more likely the issue).

Good luck

Chris

PS Please report back what the problem was (or if you need more help). This may well help someone else down the road.
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm thinking maybe your trailer is running off the inverter all the time. But I don't know exactly how your trailer is wired. Is your main brkr off? Do you have power to the main breaker from the shore power cord?
    Possibly related to the ATS?
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone for the advice. Tried all the brakers to no avail. We are still camping so I shall tear into this at home.............

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be sure all is OK, feel each of those outlets to make sure none are hot which may indicate a failed connection that cause overheating and eventually melt or burn.

While at it, maybe turn off the breaker for that circuit to be sure power is off in case of a short or open circuit somewhere that could cause trouble.

Good luck. Let us know how it works out.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having egg in my beard, I found another box in the next cabinet to the left of the power cabinet. THis box has 3 breakers. This is a subpanel with the inverted feed to the 3 circuits. And yes a breaker was tripped. All fixed and thanks to all for the help.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its nice you found it and got back to post about it.
    I have been looking for a good reason to buy a tester/locator. They aren't that expensive, but i would buy the higher end to locate under ground wires as well.
    One can with the base models, plug in to a plug, or clip onto a wire, and put a signal on said wire to locate it on the other end. That being a break or a breaker. Where ever it goes and ends.
    I have used some really good equipment in doing linework to locate and fix bad underground wires/connections.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there is an rfi outlet in the bathroom. It's probably tripped there is a reset button at the outlet.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA